Thread: Hidden Threads?

Default Hidden Threads?

Hi, I was trying to dig up some info that I believed was contained in a thread called "Ohio Acoustic Jam". I believed the thread was located under the heading "Jams and Places to Meet Others".
    I went to that heading and looked through the three available pages and was unable to locate the thread.
    Next I used the search function and found the thread(s) I was looking for:

http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/sh...=OHIO+ACOUSTIC

http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/sh...=OHIO+ACOUSTIC

The search result indicates that those two theads are located in "Jams and Places to Meet Others". Even so, when I return to that page heading, those threads (along with many others) are missing.

Where are they? What am I missing?

Thanks

Default Re: Hidden Threads?

My browser shows there to be 101 pages available in Jams and Places to Meet Others. I suspect it has something to do with your personal settings.
    Bill Snyder

3. The following members say thank you to Bill Snyder for this post:

Blog Entries

If you scroll to the bottom of any Forum category you'll see pull-down menus that allow you to browse under different amounts of time. This is handy if you're looking in an area where there's not particularly a lot of traffic and might not recall the exact name of the thread.

There are default time settings that can be set on every sub-category. For some reason I had Jams, Places To Meet Others set to only display threads posted to in the most recent 100 days, although as you observed in a search it defaults to searching the entire forum database. I just changed it to display all. I'm not sure if I set this intentionally when I configured the forum several years ago because I believe (without looking at every category) that I eventually set the default to display all dates for browsing. Either way, threads are not technically hidden, but they may not be available for browsing which was the case in your search, although you found it anyway.

Possibly more information and background than necessary. Checking the options at the bottom of these forum pages can be handy for future reference.

5. The following members say thank you to Scott Tichenor for this post:

Bill, Thanks for that suggestion...I'll check into it.
    I don't recall ever doing anything at all to those 'personal settings'. Maybe it's some sort of default.
    For whatever reason, I can access tons of pages on other headings, but I only show three pages on that 'Jams' section.

And Thanks Scott, I didn't see your reply until after I'd posted my response to Bill.