Special Rates on All Lessons from Peghead Nation
Peghead Nation has extended a superb savings to Cafe visitors on all instrument lessons in their catalog. Read all about it on the Banjo Cafe.
July 1-4, take 25% off all Mel Bay Publication products including eBooks. Use Discount Code MB25 to receive your discount.
Rest in peace: early David Grisman Quintet bass player Rob Wasserman has passed away.
4th of July sale: 10% off the store at Strings and Beyond. Use Discount Code HAPPY4TH.
Apple Patent Could Stop You From Taking Photos and Videos at Concerts. Prediction: hack to get around this already under way.
Rest in peace: legendary guitarist Scotty Moore has passed.
Alright! No, Alrite. Wait... Oh, just look at it and you'll figger it out.
Ten most recent Classified Ads of 1036 total.
- 07/01: Mandolins - Morgan Monroe Rocky Top 100/SB - $325.00
- 07/01: Guitars - Collings Cj35A SB
- 07/01: CBOM - Nyberg New Flat-Top Bouzouki
- 07/01: CBOM - Nyberg Instruments : Mandolins, Mandolas,Bouzoukis, Citterns
- 07/01: Guitars - '15 Martin OM28
- 07/01: Accessories - 3 Sets Of D'Addario Exp75 Coated Strings, On Hold
- 07/01: Accessories - WTB Pickguard Mounting Bracket As Shown.
- 07/01: Guitars - Goldtone Reso w/Beard Set-Up
- 07/01: Accessories - LR Baggs Radius Mandolin Pickup $75 Stagebug SB-4 Di $50 OBO
- 07/01: Mandolins - For Sale June F5
- 07/02/16, 02:23 AM - Feedback on surgical recovery and playing
- 07/02/16, 02:18 AM - The collective Ranieri thread?
- 07/02/16, 02:13 AM - Practice vs. Habit
- 07/02/16, 01:25 AM - Vintage Gibson blown out sides
- 07/02/16, 12:40 AM - Common Ground on the Hill Traditions Week 2 - Westminster, MD
- 07/02/16, 12:34 AM - Need advice-planing to buy my first Mandolin
- 07/01/16, 11:42 PM - Mando-inspired Haiku
- 07/01/16, 11:38 PM - G string slips off saddle on Godin A8
- 07/01/16, 10:22 PM - 1920 Gibson A Tailpiece repair or replacement
- 07/01/16, 10:12 PM - Looking for info on this "Gibson"?
- First 50 Songs You Should Play on Mandolin
- Michael Daves on Teaching Bluegrass Mandolin, Guitar and Vocals
- Monroe Mandolin Camp Annual Video Scholarship Competition
- International Bluegrass Music Museum Groudbreaking Ceremony Set
- Home and Away - Original Tunes by Will Patton
- New Music from Sam Bush - Storyman
- The Klamath River SwingJam
- New in Print - Turlough O'Carolan for Mandolin
- New in Print from Hal Leonard - Mandolin Favorites
- New Music from Frank Wakefield and Leon Morris
- July 3-8 - Playing Bluegrass Music in a Group, Brasstown, NC
- July 3-8 - Old School Bluegrass Camp, Milford, Ontario
- July 3-8 - Common Ground on the Hill Traditions Week 2, Westminster, MD
- July 4-9 - Mike Block String Camp, Vero, FL
- July 5-8 - Fishin' Musician Camp, Livingston, MT
- July 7 - Festival of Mandolin Chamber Music VII, Bellows Falls, VT
- July 8-9 - Wernick Method Jam Camp with Sue Custer, Luray, VA
- July 8-10 - Bluegrass Camps for Kids, Buffalo, WY
- July 10 - Festival of Mandolin Chamber Music Concert, Bellows Falls, VT
- July 10-16 - Summer Acoustic Music Week 1, Moultonborough, NH
- 06/23/2016 - Michael Daves ArtistWorks Interview
- 05/01/2016 - Mandolin Mondays - An Interview with David Benedict
- 03/09/2016 - The Rise of Marla Fibish
- 02/28/2016 - Rarities and Lutherie Tango at Gryphon Stringed Instruments
- 01/21/2016 - Sierra Hull Weighted Mind Interview
- 11/15/2015 - Looking Forward with Sarah Jarosz
- 10/25/2015 - Aaron Weinstein On His Mandolin Chord Melody System
- 10/15/2015 - Mandolin Brothers Seeking New Owner
- 07/19/2015 - The Caleb Klauder Interview
- 07/06/2015 - Sierra Hull Retraces Her Bluegrass Roots
This Day In History
July 2, 1901,
Alexander Innes Mitchell of Rumford Falls, Maine awarded U.S. Patent #677584 for an "electric mandolin player."
» More history
Mandolin Cafe Events Calendar for July 2, 2016
Elderly Instruments celebrates 44 years in business July 5. Congrats!
David Benedict's homage to Kenny Baker with Denver Belle. #mandolinmondays
No Mandolin Cafe ball caps in stock for a few months but why not grab one of our cool Banjo Cafe ball caps!
New in print from Hal Leonard: First 50 Songs You Should Play on Mandolin.