Thread: Warren Ellis 2P mini humbuckers

Question Warren Ellis 2P mini humbuckers

I bought a Eastwood Warren Ellis signature tenor 2P that has two mini humbuckers and I love the sound (except the weak pickup on the A string) and look of the instrument (awesome green with mirror pick guard and maple fret board). The string spacing is ridiculous, but I'm getting used to it.

I want to put bigger strings on it and tune to GDAE like on my OM (and hopefully beef up that high string sound) and found out just before posting here that Newtone makes different gauge nickel tenor guitar strings which you can purchase here: http://www.juststrings.com/newtonetenorguitar.html

I was trying to figure out what gauge strings to put on and read in an old post here that 0.42 - 0.30 - 0.20 - 0.13 (low to high, obviously) was good for GDAE. Is this a good gauge for this tuning and how do/should I adjust the relief on my truss rod?

Guernsey... small island just off the coast of France

Default Re: Warren Ellis 2P mini humbuckers

You might prefer the feel of slightly lighter strings or use two wound and two plain stings.
    The gauges you quote might suit you fine but I use 11p 17p 28w 42w on my electric tenors. 12p 20w (or 18w) 30w 45w on my 23" scale acustic tenors.
    You can buy single guitar strings in most music shops, it might take a bit of trial and error to get the feel and sound you want.
    Last edited by fox; Mar-04-2017 at 2:21pm.