Thread: Appraisal value for Lyon & Healy no 50 style A mint condition?

Default Appraisal value for Lyon & Healy no 50 style A mint condition?

This mandolin has been in my family for three generations. I play the violin mainly but used this beauty a little on my last CD. However, the action is too limited for me, compared to my violin. I have taken really good care of it and had some minor work done on it a few years ago at the advice of an expert. It's in top condition. Any idea what it's worth and who I might be able to sell it to? I would love it to be played--it has a beautiful full-bodied sound and just discovered it is still in tune after a few years of sitting in its case. I am trying to buy property in CA so I'd like to get the best price possible. Thanks so much. I don't see how to add pics but will do so later today.
    Last edited by jennifer111; Feb-18-2017 at 4:59pm. Reason: Wrong spelling

Default Re: Appraisal value for Lyon & Healy no 50 style A mint condition

There's a very nice Lyon & Healy listed in the classifieds right now for $3,800. I don't know if it's the same model as yours. http://www.mandolincafe.com/ads/107478#107478

Default Re: Appraisal value for Lyon & Healy no 50 style A mint condition

Couple dealer listings for L & H Style A's: $4,250 at Mandolin Brothers, and $5,500 at Denver Folklore Center. One apparently was listed years ago on eBay for over $4K.

Dealer listings are asking prices, in general, and may not reflect actual sale prices. They do give you some idea of the range, however.
    Allen Hopkins
    Gibsn: '54 F5 3pt F2 A-N Custm K1 m'cello
    Natl Triolian Dobro mando
    Victoria b-back Merrill alumnm b-back
    H-O mandolinetto
    Stradolin Vega banjolin
    Sobell'dola Washburn b-back'dola
    Eastmn: 615'dola 805 m'cello
    Flatiron 3K OM