Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JBovier oval hole on ebay

Default Re: JBovier oval hole on ebay

Quote Originally Posted by colorado_al View Post
    The later years Korean models (which these appear to be) are said to be quite good. They likely will still need some setup work, since they are not coming directly from Jeff's shop.
    Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gtani7 View Post
    My two, 2010 from Korea and Oct 2012 which i think is from a Chinese workshop, I remember being very similar, both sound very good, midrangey, woody, the E strings have nice tone but are subdued. The 10/12 had a tapered peghead, the other doesn't, which i think led to the very hard to turn tuners, which is being fixed now
    Thanks!

The Amateur Mandolinist Mark Gunter's Avatar
    South of Cleburne, North of Hillsboro, Texas

I think these mandolins have been relisted at a bit over a $100 increase in asking price.
    WWW.THEAMATEURMANDOLINIST.COM
    ----------------------------------
    "Life is short. Play hard." - AlanN

----------------------------------
    HEY! The Cafe has Social Groups, check 'em out. I'm in these groups:
    Newbies Social Group | The Song-A-Week Social
    The Woodshed Study Group | Blues Mando
    - Advice For Mandolin Beginners
    - YouTube Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Gunter View Post
    I think these mandolins have been relisted at a bit over a $100 increase in asking price.
    You are correct, sir.

I purchased 2 of these A5 mandolins (F-hole, not Oval-hole) from this seller, and they are in excellent, unplayed condition. They just needed a setup and some new strings and they are great to play! I had never played a JBovier before, but have read many good reviews of them here that have stoked my MAS. After spending some time with these, I can confirm that the JBovier mandolins are excellent players and a superb value! It is hard to find features like these have in this price range. Radiused ebony fretboard with large fret wire, ebony bridge, high quality tuning machines, carved solid top, back and sides. They are super easy to play, and have a much more rich and complex sound than any other mandolin I have played below $1000.

To the OP - if you're still thinking about buying the JBovier oval-hole you mentioned in the first post, I'd go for it. Thanks again for the heads up!
    Al

Great to hear, Al. Thanks!

6. The following members say thank you to Machschnell for this post: