Thread: Regal Tenor guitar case

Default Regal Tenor guitar case

This has been asked before, but not very recently. I'm hoping with the continued increase in interest in tenor guitars, there might be more options out there...

Anyone know of a decent case for a Vintage Regal Tenor guitar? It's my favorite instrument right now, but I'll never be leaving the house with it unless I can find a case for it!

Default Re: Regal Tenor guitar case

The Martin "Mini" (size 5/terz) case should fit, though I think the Regals have a slightly longer body. There's also an Oahu case for the Ko'olau/Pono size 5 UL guitars - I have that case for a 5-17T, but when I had a Regal I put it in there and it fit fine.

FYI (and NFI), there's a shopworn flattop Martin Mini case for sale at Elderly right now.

Hi, any chance you have a link for that Oahu case? Can't seem to locate it…

I just used the contact form at http://koolauukulele.com/

It was $150 shipped btw - same construction and styling as their Oahu uke cases, if you're familiar with them.

To add to this thread...I have a Stromberg-Voisinet (KayKraft) tenor guitar and it fits great in a TKL baritone ukulele gig-bag. I would love to find a vintage hard case for it, but it may take a long time to find one. In the mean time, the gig-bag protects it.
    Jammin' south of the river
    '20 Gibson A-2
    Stromberg-Voisinet Tenor Guitar
    Penny Whistle
    My albums: http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/album.php?u=7616

Another case that works well for the late '20's Regal Tenors is a Cuatro case. I got a decent hard case from Sam Ash awhile back for $70 shipped. Punch up "Paracho Elite Deluxe Cuatro Case". Fits the neck, head, heel and bridge height perfectly. Sides of the body are just a hair loose. You will need to roll up a towel or old t-shirt to fill the gap between the endpin and the bottom of the case. Beats the heck out of the Mini-Taylor gig bag I was using.

Quote Originally Posted by Seonachan View Post
    The Martin "Mini" (size 5/terz) case should fit, though I think the Regals have a slightly longer body. There's also an Oahu case for the Ko'olau/Pono size 5 UL guitars - I have that case for a 5-17T, but when I had a Regal I put it in there and it fit fine.

FYI (and NFI), there's a shopworn flattop Martin Mini case for sale at Elderly right now.

Does that case fit your 5-17T properly? I have a nice 1927 5-17 but its in an ill fitting chip board case that is falling apart.

Scott

Tenor Guitars, 1959 Martin 5-15T, 2007 Fletcher Tenor tuned cgda, Blueridge BR-70T
    Mandolins, Jacobson Nautilus #15, 2013 Eastman MD305, 2002 Weber Aspen
    Banjo, 1925 Oriole "by Gibson" Tenor Banjo

9. The following members say thank you to bigbendhiker for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cornfield View Post
    Does that case fit your 5-17T properly? I have a nice 1927 5-17 but its in an ill fitting chip board case that is falling apart.
    Yes, the 5-17T fits perfectly in the Oahu case.

11. The following members say thank you to Seonachan for this post:

Are these good enough to protect a vintage tenor?

https://www.elderly.com/martin-little-martin-gigbag.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Cornfield View Post
    Are these good enough to protect a vintage tenor?

https://www.elderly.com/martin-little-martin-gigbag.htm
    In my opinion...no. They prevent scuffs and scratches but very minimal protection from crushing.

Not sure if you are still looking for a case or if the offered case will fit your instrument but this has just appeared on the Tenor Guitar Registry: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...E1MDQ3NTE2MTg-

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Banton View Post
    This has been asked before, but not very recently. I'm hoping with the continued increase in interest in tenor guitars, there might be more options out there...

Anyone know of a decent case for a Vintage Regal Tenor guitar? It's my favorite instrument right now, but I'll never be leaving the house with it unless I can find a case for it!

You do have to be really careful about the fit on the old Regals as they are a strange bird. Attached find a couple of pics of the case I had mentioned in an earlier post. The one pictured in is not perfect but does fit the upper end of the instrument really well.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0736.JPG 
Views:	262 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	160534Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0739.JPG 
Views:	352 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	160533

I just noticed that this has one of Willy's bridge covers attached. I am still undecided on it....