Question for Mac users

1. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Okay, I just videoed myself playing Niel Gow's Lament, and realized that with this built in camera on my new mac, the image is mirrored... it looks like I'm a left handed player. Do you know if there is a setting to correct this?
  2. Susanne
    Susanne
    Hi Barbara!

Did you use Photo Booth? I get that problem if I use Photo Booth, but with iMovie it works fine. I installed another software called iGlasses to prevent the problem, but I wouldn't recommend it. All of a sudden after instlling it Photo Booth recorded only 30 secs or so, and I don't seem able to uninstall it either. Weird... But however, iMovie has worked fine for me.
  3. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Susi, yes, I used photo booth, as I thought that was the only way to take movies with the built in camera! I'm still quite a newbie on this mac! I videoed it with photo booth, then imported it into imovie. Are you saying you can start with imovie to record it directly into the program? I'll check into that and see if I can figure it out! thanks!
  4. Susanne
    Susanne
    Yes, iMovie is lovely to make videos with!! Just open iMovie and click the camera button on the middle, to the left. Just notice, don't have any memory card or USB or other devices plugged in because then it'll open them instead.
  5. Chris Hasty
    Chris Hasty
    Yes, I second iMovie. Just record your clips, then set your markers on the beginning and end of your clip. Then just crop it and export it to quicktime! It's that easy.

If you want to tweak it with multiple tracks, share it with garageband. Then add new tracks of real instruments to put down new layers... says the guy that can't do multitracking well!
  6. Susanne
    Susanne
    That sounds cool, to add other instruments with Garage band! I'll have to try that.
  7. Chris Hasty
    Chris Hasty
    Adding multilayers is pretty cool. You can only have one video track, but you can add tons of supporting tracks in garageband. Just remember to share it.

Forgot to add this yesterday Barbara, if you have an Apple store anywhere near you check their website. They usually give free classes on most of their iLife apps (iMovie, Garageband, etc...). I learned more from a 19 yo kid in an hour than I ever would have on my own. Most of the time no one shows up for the garageband classes, so it is pretty much one on one.