RED ROCKIN' CHAIR by Saw Mountain String Band

1. Michael Pastucha
    Michael Pastucha
    Red Rockin' Chair was a Song of the Week not too long ago. I heard Marcy & Jeff's version then and thought it'd make a nice project for the Saw Mountain String Band. And as a bonus, I'd get to hear Marcy's great fiddle (as well as her mandolin) and then try to sing harmony on the vocals. So Marcy sang lead, played fiddle and took the first mandolin break. Jeff played claw hammer banjo all the way. I sang harmony, back up and lead guitar, took the second mandolin break and added some bass guitar. It was a blast to work on this project and I hope you all will enjoy the finished result.

And Bertram, seems I only have about 100 years of pictures to select from the Library of Congress left...
  2. OldSausage
    OldSausage
    Excellent job, you're really developing your sound as a band. You should do some live dates!
  3. Hendrik Luurtsema
    Hendrik Luurtsema
    I enjoyed it a lot Michael, I now know how much fun such a project is! The sound quality is amazing Michael..... Please go on with this... (and other projects ) Jeff & Marcy, you are amazing performers!
  4. shortymack
    shortymack
    I liked that, sounded great. You all have a nice and unique sound that grows on ya real fast. Well done!
  5. Marcelyn
    Marcelyn
    What a cool video, and what a huge difference guitar, bass, and awesome harmony make! This tune has become one of our favorites, It was so much fun to hear it all come together.
    And Thanks for the nice compliments David, Hendrik, and Shorty.
  6. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    That is so incredibly beautiful. Is there a virtual way of waving a lighter in the air? I am with David - this deserves a live act.
  7. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Another great performance, folks. You are really getting it all so together, and you so many miles apart. The quality of your playing is enhanced by the great recording and mixing. Marcy, I hate to single out anyone in this band, but you are becoming such a good performer. More please.
  8. Marcelyn
    Marcelyn
    Thanks so much John. I do love playing music with these guys. You're so right on the incredible mixing. Michael's even gotten my kids thinking I'm cool and famous, and I don't have the heart to correct them on both counts.
  9. David Hansen
    David Hansen
    Ditto to everything said above. Really nice playing and dynamics. I too am looking forward to your live gigs. Let me know when you're coming to San francisco.
  10. Hendrik Luurtsema
    Hendrik Luurtsema
    When we listen to Bluegrass mix radio coming sunday between 3.00pm and 5.00pm EST-time (All around bluegrass program) we can all hear that Marcy is becoming a famous singer
  11. Michael Pastucha
    Michael Pastucha
    I agree with John about Marcy. Who knew she could sing like that and play the fiddle as well as the mandolin, harmonica and now the autoharp? It's a great treat to work with her and Jeff. I guess for us to do live gigs we'd actually have to meet sometime. For those of you who don't know, I live in Southern California and she and Jeff reside in Tennessee. We exchange music tracks via the internet and I have never met either her or her husband in person.
  12. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    to do live gigs we'd actually have to meet

Find a way, we will

13. woodenfingers
    woodenfingers
    Wow. I don't have sufficient command of enough superlative adjectives to do your project justice. The audio, mixing, video and most of all the musicianship from all is incredible. We want more!! And Marcy, this may be the mandolin cafe but you have to get that fiddle out more often. Great work SAW Mtn String Band!!
  14. Steve Cantrell
    Steve Cantrell
    Marcelyn, your vocals always impress the heck out of me. I love Old Time music, so this is right up my alley. Very well done all the way around. Tasteful backing, nice harmony singing, great breaks.
  15. dfalkiewicz
    dfalkiewicz
    Sweet!!
  16. Don Grieser
    Don Grieser
    Sounds really great. We can book you in New Mexico on your world tour.
  17. Frankdolin
    Frankdolin
    Awesome tune! Keep up the good fun!!!