Thread: In Line for a Northfield

Default In Line for a Northfield

I just recently got in line for a Norhtfield NF-F5M. Eight months to wait now. Is anyone else out there in line?

Default Re: In Line for a Northfield

I have been tempted, but did not pull the trigger. I think you are going to be happy with this instrument, and the wait will be worth it. I get a good vibe reading about them.

Congrats!
    Jim D

Blog Entries

I'll probably get in line for one in 14 years or so, soon as I can save up the cash. On the other hand I'll be 70, so what would be the point. All kidding aside they are some good looking mandolins and sound good also, and I would jump in line now if I could. Back in tbe drawing I just knew I was gonna win it, I felt it, but then some other good 'ol boy from North Carolina won it ! I guess I felt the karma passing over me headed his way as he lives further south and east in the state. I bet the plane that it was on flew over my house.

I got in line about a month ago. They said up to 6 mos. If I find something else I really want before then I can withdraw my order. There is no substitute for playing and hearing an instrument, so a bird in the hand. I don't think I'm likely to find something as good in that price range.
    I have an almost new Sam Bush at my house that belongs to a friend. I'm really impressed with it. Those go used from $4k to $5500. So almost twice the price of the Northfield. Good to see Gibson making a quality instrument.
    T

I've struggled for 35 years with a mando that most times is very bright... almost metallic sounding. I should have moved on years ago but I've never been able to put down the 10,000+ for a fine mando. when I learned about Northfield I thought this is my shot. Elderly gives a two day test period. If I receive it and its a gourd, back it goes (what a bummer that will be after waiting 8 months). Tonear you must be right in front of me. I would love to know how yours goes. I think I am going to create a Mando Cafe Social Group for Northfield. Anyone intrested?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mandosummers View Post
    I've struggled for 35 years with a mando that most times is very bright... almost metallic sounding. I should have moved on years ago but I've never been able to put down the 10,000+ for a fine mando. when I learned about Northfield I thought this is my shot. Elderly gives a two day test period. If I receive it and its a gourd, back it goes (what a bummer that will be after waiting 8 months). Tonear you must be right in front of me. I would love to know how yours goes. I think I am going to create a Mando Cafe Social Group for Northfield. Anyone intrested?
    You don't have to spend $10,000 to get a fine mandolin, it's been that way for a very long time.

Americanadian Andrew B. Carlson's Avatar

Oh wow, this was my first time checking out these Northfields. They look like $10,000 and sound amazing too! I'd say these should be in the running for anyone looking to spend around $3k! They sure know how to make that flame look nice.
    Mandolin, Guitar, & Bass for Doug Rawling & The Caraganas
    www.dougrawling.com
    2008 Kentucky KM-1000
    2014 Martin D-28 Authentic 1937
    1964 Gibson LG-0
    2022 Sigma SDR-45VS