Thread: Number 44

Default Number 44

Hah! Nothing political here.
    I was reminiscing owning Pomeroy #44 F5 type mandolin. It had a hard time settling on a new owner and I wonder where it's landed.
    Anyone else own, or has owned, another #44?
    Wye Knot

Default Re: Number 44

I didn't own #44 don't think...... I believe mine was #41 and it was a hoss. I'd buy it back if I could find where it went. I traded it on a custom Yellowstone at the mandolin store and as soon as I did all my picking buddies told me how crazy I was, that was a "real" mandolin. Dennis at the mando store wasn't as exuberant as I was on the instrument and sold it for less that he traded it for I think........

It was a plain jane but it had the sound........there's another one in the classifieds from his son and it seems to be priced right but for now 2's enough for me. I can hardly play them....!

I've got #66 (PF-5) and it's a real hoss too - and also has a very"sweet" tone - one of my favorite mandolins. I bought it shortly after it sold at Intermountain (I think) for considerably less than the original price. I think the finish (red/yellow) sunburst probably turned off a lot of potential bidders!
    Linksmaker

Chris Fontaine

<Comment removed for violating posting guidelines>
    Last edited by MikeEdgerton; Jan-22-2009 at 5:59pm. Reason: Please post items for sale in the classifieds
    Chris Fontaine
    Wiliams Fine Violins
    Nashville, TN
    chris@williamsfineviolins.com
    www.williamsfineviolins.com