Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New f-5

Registered User man dough nollij's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by (mrmando @ May 20 2008, 08:50)
    That is the new Expand-O-Fretboard (patent pending), which automatically grows or shrinks according to the player's ability.
    When I try to play it, it turns into this!

Bill - wonderful mando. You should be very proud and pleased. I'm sure the owner will be as well.

I am also admiring your modified Elite tuners. Wondering what you have done to them? They are quite handsome.

Dave

Thanks, Mastertone08. Here's a thread where I detail the tuner thing: http://www.mandolincafe.net/cgi-bin....illbows
    ~Bill~
    "Often wrong, but never in doubt."
    --Ivy Baker Priest

Hello Bill,
    I apologize for the late reply, but I’m compelled to add to the list of compliments… I’m impressed with your attention to the details and excellent workmanship. The overall impression demonstrates your expertise, clean work combined with the warmth and character of a handmade mandolin… well done.

Oh WOW!!!

Wow! That's great.
    Heiden F-5 #110
    GMC Terrain VIN 2GTEC13Z871107423
    2007 Tempurpedic mattress
    $1.35 in assorted change

I just now saw this thread for the first time. Bill, that mandolin is absolutely gorgeous! Great work! I love the burst and the back... and pretty much everything about it. I already forget who said it, but the talent we have on this board sharing their work with us really is amazing.

Everyone else has said it better, what a job!

Drool, slobber, drool, drool, slobber. You are a true craftsman Bill. I'm saving up for one!

Default Re: New f-5

HI Folks, i just happened across this thread from the past about Bill Halsey. Does anyone know of a soundbite or recording of one Bill's mandolins? Much appreciation to anyone who can point me in that direction. I have listened to Dem's video which was helpful. Curious if there are additional recordings out in this big world? Thank you.

Well boys and girls, I understand that the esteemed Mr. H.has decided that he will no longer be building mandolins. He will continue to make some quite beautiful violin bows but, my dream of owning a “Genuine Halseytone” have passed, it makes me sad but, I completely understand.
    I was honored when Bill asked me to “test drive” the one Demetrius bought. I had it for about six months and it was one of the most fun time I’d had with a new instrument in probably thirty years. I wish I had been in a financial position to have commissioned a build but, life got in the way... you know the story more or less.
    I’m in contact with Bill fairly often, I am in the (ridiculously drawn out) process of a kitchen remodel and I was considering doing a little detail of “Side bound” ceiling trim but, it just was not working out right. I related the story to Bill and he said “Well, it’s an F-4 ceiling, I’d take that!” I was feeling a little low but, Bill made me feel much better about it? He’s one in a billion!
    Timothy F. Lewis
    "If brains was lard, that boy couldn't grease a very big skillet" J.D. Clampett

Blog Entries

What a beauty!
    There are two things to aim at in life: first, to get what you want; and, after that, to enjoy it. Only the wisest of mankind achieve the second. Logan Pearsall Smith, 1865 - 1946

+ Give Blood, Save a Life +