Thread: Stanley Mandolins

Default Stanley Mandolins

I see Chris Stanley is still in the database and that led me to his facebook page. I noticed it had not been updated for a couple years but sent him a message with no response. I found and email address on the facebook page, also no response.

Does anyone know if he is still building? I was fortunate to acquire an A-5J, #66 that he built in 2012. I purchased it at Gruhns on a visit in October. No intention of purchasing but continued going back to this one out of the many, many tried there and at Carters. It is a mandolin well beyond my abilities but my wife insisted I go back and get it. Still love it and was hoping to possibly get some additional info on it from Chris.

Thanks for any info!

Gene

My Florida is scooped pheffernan's Avatar

Default Re: Stanley Mandolins

I believe that’s PJ’s old A5:

https://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/t...-A-Style-Build

I once had Stanley #46 pass through my hands, and I considered that one on Gruhn’s website more than twice. It looked great and was priced right. I suspect that you did very well.
    1924 Gibson A Snakehead
    2005 National RM-1
    2007 Hester A5
    2009 Passernig A5
    2015 Black A2-z
    2010 Black GBOM
    2017 Poe Scout
    2014 Smart F-Style Mandola
    2018 Vessel TM5
    2019 Hogan F5

Quote Originally Posted by pheffernan View Post
    I believe that’s PJ’s old A5:

https://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/t...-A-Style-Build

I once had Stanley #46 pass through my hands, and I considered that one on Gruhn’s website more than twice. It looked great and was priced right. I suspect that you did very well.
    That would be the one! Yes, it was priced right and a very nice mandolin! Thanks for sharing the link to build pictures! I am assuming Chris is no longer building.

Gene

I have number 32; it's not ever going to be for sale but i would really like to get some repair work done on it. Does anyone have Chris's number? Usually an artist/maker likes first shot on repairs of there creations. The repairs/maintenance are pretty minor and due to use.

Hey lottarope! I have had no luck with facebook, email or phone number I was given. Please share if you find he is still working/building and have a contact!