Thread: Loar LM 400 in Classifieds

Default Loar LM 400 in Classifieds

I found this in the classifieds. I'm familiar with Elderly as a reputable dealer. These go for 500-600 when you can still find them on Reverb and such. It needs a fret dressing and new strings but looks to be in good shape.

I'm curious if anyone has had issues with the top caving in (an issue I found on the net.)?

For 325 it seems like a fair deal??

Thoughts?

Steve

Default Re: Loar LM 400 in Classifieds

Add a hundred for a fret dress and setup and you'd be in business. Maybe $150 depending on where you live, or ask Elderly for a quote.
    Silverangel A
    Arches F style kit
    1913 Gibson A-1

Quote Originally Posted by Br1ck View Post
    Add a hundred for a fret dress and setup and you'd be in business. Maybe $150 depending on where you live, or ask Elderly for a quote.
    I think asking Elderly for a quote is a good idea. Elderly is known to be pretty conservative with their instrument descriptions so if they say it is in excellent shape it probably is. Nice case with that one as well.

Rob

They told me $174 for fret dress and set up. I asked them if it was in good enough playing condition that I could play it for awhile before getting it worked on and they said it was very playable for now. That would put me at about 500 with the work done.