Thread: Fingering for section of Vivaldi Concerto in D RV 93

Default Fingering for section of Vivaldi Concerto in D RV 93

I'm working on Vivaldi's concerto in D major - RV 93, and I'm trying to figure out the fingering for one passage. In all the videos I can find online of the big names playing the piece, the video doesn't quite show what they are doing in this passage.

It's in the first movement--the Allegro. Measure 28 going into 29 (repeated in measures 56-57). I can't work out fingering for the second half of the measure into the next measure--high g# to high e to middle e to high g# up to c#.

Anybody happen to know the fingering for this section?

Thanks a lot!
    Thane

Default Re: Fingering for section of Vivaldi Concerto in D RV 93

You're playing the lute part, and on mandolin? Looks to me like you can stay in 1st position right to the bar line that ends 28, then go to 2nd position for the high c#, and stay there for the next few bars. As for the repeat in 56-7, the movement ends at 51 in the score I'm seeing on imslp. It would be good if you posted a link to the score you're using.

Default Re: Fingering for section of Vivaldi Concerto in D RV 93

Thanks! I can't remember where I found the score I'm using, but the one on imslp is essentially the same (though you're right that the passage is repeated as part of a full section repeat): http://ks4.imslp.info/files/imglnks/...et_parties.pdf

4. The following members say thank you to Thane Glenn for this post: