Thread: new build underway

Default new build underway

This will be the first for me in a few years. glued up my plates last night, and am breaking away from Siminoff's book a bit on this and have Adrians prints on the way. Now, I should say , Roger did a great service on his book, and was very helpful for a newbie, ( with the help of a few on this forum) to get started imo, and I am sure I will be seeking help again, so brace yourself for some simple questions again. Brian Spain helped me quite a bit the last time around, ( The Lefty Luthier), hope I got his last name right
    Mike Marrs

Default Re: new build underway

I wouldn't be building instruments if it weren't for Roger Siminoff. I'm sure that's true of many others, as well.

I also wouldn't have spent six months of my life chasing the tap tuning dragon, but that's not the stupidest thing I've done in my time.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marty Jacobson For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Jacobson View Post
    I wouldn't be building instruments if it weren't for Roger Siminoff. I'm sure that's true of many others, as well.

I also wouldn't have spent six months of my life chasing the tap tuning dragon, but that's not the stupidest thing I've done in my time.
    Ditto. Bought a bunch of electronics etc. Carved the bass bar all the way off the first one with no change in the note.What a waste of money.
    Graham

Quote Originally Posted by graham darden View Post
    Ditto. Bought a bunch of electronics etc. Carved the bass bar all the way off the first one with no change in the note.What a waste of money.
    Graham
    haha I also carved bars right out, but his book was very helpful to me,I did order prints from Adrian and was told by Elderly instruments, I would have then by mid -week, I realize it is friday with no prints, I will have to call tomorrow
    Mike Marrs

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Jacobson View Post

Amen to that beast...slay him..