Hi everyone. I'm a newcomer to mandolin, and haven't posted here in several a years. After letting my Eastman A505 languish for quite a while, I've begun really working at it for several months now, and have started playing it, carefully and sparingly due to my beginner's skills, in my rock/blues band. So that I wouldn't have to deal with a second pole mic at gigs, I purchased a Myers Grip Pickup from the Myers website.

I soon received the Grip version and I used it that weekend at a gig. Though everyone really liked the full, faithful tone it produced, I was uncomfortable with the stability of its suction cup receiver attachment system, and so I called Greg Myers about it.

Greg told me to return the Grip system at my convenience, and that meanwhile he would immediately send me the system using a carpentry clamp. I returned the original, and soon received the second system, but the carpentry clamp did not fit my Eastman. So I called Greg again. With complete patience, he said he would send me the Feather System, along with a bigger carpentry clamp, and to hold onto the second system until I had tried and was happy with one system or the other. He wanted to make sure that I got a system I was completely satisfied with, and not to worry about how long it took, because I was going to be out of the country for the coming week.

When I got back home, I tried the Feather Grip system which had arrived during my absence, and decided that it indeed would work for me. I liked the small suction cup/mic attachment as well as the small, flat clip/mic one, and could live with the pickup receiver hooked to my pocket. Greg and I spoke last night for the third time, and he was delighted that I was happy with the third system. He told me to return the second system and larger carpenter clamp at my convenience.

Whether his pickups are your preferred choice or not, I thought forum members would appreciate knowing that, in my experience, Greg Myers is the real deal, a stand-up, gracious guy who's main concern is that you be happy with his product. He put me completely at ease during my three contacts with him, and it was clear that he would do whatever he could to satisfy me, including a full refund. At my age, I've become pretty cynical, so it was heartening to know that this kind of customer service still exists in our increasingly depersonalized, commercial world. Thanks again, Greg.