Thread: Mandolin Methods by Graziani-Walter and Patierno

Michael Reichenbach

Default Mandolin Methods by Graziani-Walter and Patierno

I have recently added two more vintage mandolin methods to my website, the methods by E. Patierno and Carlo (or Charles) Graziani-Walter.

The Patierno method was first published in 1896, the Graziani-Walter in 1900.

The Patierno method was available from the Henry Lemoine publisher but is no more listed in the catalog. I have not found any information about Patierno but I am quite shure that this method is public domain now.

Graziani-Walter died in 1927 so his method is public domain. I have a reprint by Elibron but when I tried to open the Elibron website my antvirus program gave an alarm - so I do not recommend to visit the Elibron site and have removed the link from my website.

When I searched for Graziani-Walter's method I found that a scan is available in the Russian State Library which I could download. This scan is obviously identical to the Elibron reprint. I have now uploaded this scan to my musicaneo site to make it easier to access the method for non-Russians.

I hope that this two additional methods are interesting for the classical mandolin community.

Homepage: www.mandoisland.de / Blog: www.mandoisland.com / Freiburg / Germany

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mandoisland For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Mandolin Methods by Graziani-Walter and Patierno

Thanks, Michael -- much appreciated!

Graziani-Walter is an interesting figure: was was a leading light in the Florence mandolin scene as a close associate and colleague of Carlo Munier, but now has rather less name recognition.

I have looked at his Onde Marine before, and may yet get around to record it. It's one of the pieces from the Nakano Archive that were transcribed into modern music notation software a few years ago to make nice crisp PDFs. I attach the parts here in case somebody wants to play along with the video you've posted.

Martin
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 03-04-4.pdf   03-04-3.pdf   03-04-2.pdf  

03-04-1.pdf  

4. The following members say thank you to Martin Jonas for this post: