Thread: Breedlove

Mindin' my own bizness BJ O'Day's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Breedlove

Someone let me try out their Breedlove mandolin this weekend. I think the model was a"Natural". Wider nut than I'm used to using. Not a fancy mandolin, no real "decorations" but it was an elegant and simple A style. I only had a few minutes to play it and I think it sounded wonderful.
    BJ

Default Re: Breedlove

I love my premier OF, which apparently is now discontinued along with the rest of their USA-made mandos. Lovely sound, plays in tune and only needed a tiny intonation adjustment out of the case, nice action, and as a guitar player I like the slightly wider nut.

Wow, I'm so disappointed they discontinued their USA made mandolins! I hope they keep making USA guitars. I just like knowing that my instruments are continuing an American tradition. I own a (USA made) Breedlove Premier KO. It has a really woody, deep tone and is ~ easy to play.
    No matter how well I play guitar, the audience always wants more mandolin.

mandolin slinger Steve Ostrander's Avatar

Love my American ff. Wouldn't trade it, except for maybe a Premier f.
    Living’ in the Mitten

I have premier kf it beats my other 3 hands down fit ,finish , plays easy . my loar 700, km1050, &km 950 don't stack up to the little trouble free breedlove as my wife calls it . THE 700& 1050 I've spent $ 580.00 on bridges, james , an allen pt, new nut, set ups. BREEDLOVE 3years just strangs.

I have a couple of Breedloves (as you can see below). I've had 'em quite a while. I love both of them. Great sound, easy playability.
    David Hopkins

2001 Gibson F-5L mandolin
    Breedlove Legacy FF mandolin; Breedlove Quartz FF mandolin
    Gibson F-4 mandolin (1916); Blevins f-style Octave mandolin, 2018
    McCormick Oval Sound Hole "Reinhardt" Mandolin
    McCormick Solid Body F-Style Electric Mandolin; Slingerland Songster Guitar (c. 1939)

The older I get, the less tolerant I am of political correctness, incompetence and stupidity.