Thread: Need help to post a picture

Registered User El Rey del Mando's Avatar

I am trying to post some pics of the first mando I built.I fill out all the info but when I try to post it will not go on.Can someone explain how to do this please.Thanx,

John

John, You didn't give much info. Did you upload your pics to a personal website or a host like imagestation.com ? If so, you should be able to right click on the pic and copy the url, which should end in jpg, then paste it in the window that opens from the image button.
    Eric

Eric,I have all the pictures in a folder on my pc.I don't know how to get them to the right size to post here.I can send them as e mail but they won't post here.

John

You need to re-size your pics so they are within the size requirements for posting on the cafe.
    How? Well, it depends on what program you have in your PC for editing photos. If you can let us know what program you have, someone will surely let you know how to re-size.

Just about any photo editing software will allow you to resize them. Your digital camera should have come with some software that will allow this. If you resize them remember to save them with a different name, otherwise you will loose the higher resolution copy.
    If you don't have photo editing software you can download Picasa2 provided by Google.
    As far as uploading them from your computer to the cafe:
    Click the ADD REPLY button at the top or bottom of the discussion you want to post to.
    Type your message. Click the BROWSE button and find the picture file on your computer, click the ADD REPLY button.
    If the picture file is sized correctly that should be all there is to it.
    If the file is too big (something like 104k?) it will not post.
    Bill Snyder

Bill,that is what happens,I'm going to look into it today. Thanx,

John

John,
    What, if any, photo editing software do you have? If it is something that other members here are familiar with maybe they can walk you throught the process. Both of the programs I use came with digital cameras (MGI Photosuite and Image Expert). With both of them you choose IMAGE from the tool bar and then choose resize. Pretty intuitive after that. Like I stated before make sure you save with a different name or into a different folder so that you still have the higher resolution copy of the photo.
    If you do not have any editing software there are several freebies available for download. As I type this I am downloading Picasa2 from Google so I can see how it is done with this software.

Bill Snyder

send them to me mandoscotti@aol.com I will resize them for you..but..make sure they are in JPEG format...

Just got done downloading and installing the Picasa2 software. I am not impressed with it, at least not for using to resize photos. It looks like it will do it, but not very straight forward.
    John if you have Windows XP you probably have some photo editing software that came with the computer. I am normally on a computer running Windows 98, but I have used a newer computer with XP on it that came with something like Windows Photo Editor(?). That should have the capability to resize photos.
    Good luck getting it all worked out.
    Bill Snyder

..you can try this http://www.tucows.com/preview/194967.html

can some one tell me why some of the posted pictures have file sizes of almost 100K when you are supposed to restrict the size to 56k?...G

Some people with enough computer knowledge use a different server to handle their pics somehow.
    The pics aren't stored on the cafe's server, so the size requirements don't apply.
    It's a little frustrating for the bandwidth challenged like me sometimes.

I'm with you on that John,I am looking into getting something from my computer guy now.He is only 21 years old.These young guys sure know alot about these things and also, if It wasn't for Scotti,my pics would have never gotten on.This drove me crazy.Of course I'm lucky just to be able to get around some on this machine, period.

John

I am pretty sure that they have changed the maximum file size to just over 100k.
    Bill Snyder

I've had the same problem. The software that came with my computer includes "Paint", which, when I try to downsize pics, seems to just crop one side! It's probably just operator error , but I've gotten around it (with a fair amount of success) by posting pics on a free pic posting site (in my case Webshots).

Charlie

Hey Charlie-

I use this freeware to resize pictures. Works great!

http://www.irfanview.de/

Once I have the pic resized, I save to my desktop. When you hit the browse button (when posting a message on the cafe) to search for the pic, just go back to the desktop.

That's a nice looking Newson you have for sale!

Thanks; it's difficult to part with. I'll try that program.

Charlie

two t's and one hyphen fatt-dad's Avatar

The fatt-dad method (learned from a fellow 'cafe member.

import your photo into powerpoint. Find a corner and drag the photo to a smaller size (i.e., to make it fit on to the "slide"). Use the "save as" feature to save the slide as a jpg. Voilla!

f-d
    ˇpapá gordo ain’t no madre flaca!

'20 A3, '30 L-1, '97 914, 2012 Cohen A5, 2012 Muth A5, '14 OM28A

Quote Originally Posted by
    Gavin Baird Posted

can some one tell me why some of the posted pictures have file sizes of almost 100K when you are supposed to restrict the size to 56k?...G
    Gavin,

The maximum file size has been increased to (in bytes): 102400. Prior to that I believe it was around 74k.

GVD
    GVD