Thread: Acoustic Vibes Music

Fetches news & information NewsFetcher's Avatar

Default Acoustic Vibes Music

JazzMando What's New - Over the Easter weekend, we had the chance to stake out a little slice of mando heaven at Acoustic Vibes Music in Tempe, AZ, about 12 miles from Sky Harbor Airport in Phoenix. If you ever have a layover or extended stay in this happening part of the southwestern US desert, you'll want to carve out some time to hang out in this wood and steel paradise.

World renown mandolin brands such as Breedlove, Collings, Weber, New Mad, Phoenix, and Eastman adorn the climate controlled wood slatwall room, along with a myriad of boutique guitar brands such as Baden, Santa Cruz, Bourgeois, and Huss & Dalton. We also spotted one of the country's most exotic displays of high end ukuleles including Koaloha, Pono, and Kanile'a.

Click pictures for close-up

Acoustic Vibes
    is a hallmark Weber dealer; we were most impressed with the sonic power of a cedar top red satin Gallatin, and charmed by a very well set up Weber Mandocello. The later was astonishingly easy to play.

Seeing the used red Kevlar laced carbon fibre New-MAD F-body was like visiting an old friend. Not many of these were made, but typical of the store's collection of rare, but highly desirable hard to find instruments, including the stunning matched pair of Rigels, tobacco-burst fraternal twins A+Deluxe and G-110.

Jeff Looker, Proprietor

See and purchase any of these on the online showroom: Acoustic Vibes Music

More news...

Posts belonging to this account are created by a software task, not a human. Don't understand what that means? This information will explain how this post got here.

Chief Moderator/Shepherd Ted Eschliman's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Acoustic Vibes Music

Word of caution: Bringing spouse along for the trip can be a real spoiler...

Ted Eschliman

Author, Getting Into Jazz Mandolin

Well, she went into the shop with you. Maybe that was to prevent you from buying anything. By the way, did you?

So......I told my wife that I am going to hold a garage sale, her reply "sounds good, going to sell some of your mandolins", I responded "no, I was going to sell some of your shoes". So, it's another Saturday morning standoff!
    Throw my wife out the window, a kiss.

I responded "no, I was going to sell some of your shoes"...
    I thought that was a frying pan I saw flying out of your window. Good dodge.