Thread: Wooohooo!

Spent all week learning all I could, but man, this thing is tiny. First thing I had to do was cut my fingernails to the raw to squeeze them in the baby frets.

I'm about to spend the rest of the evening watching Monday Night Football with a chord/scale chart in front of me adding a little soundtrack to the action. Buuut....

How do I put on the strap? There's obviously a button for the tailpiece region, but since this A-frame has no 500$ strap holder/scroll (I told you I was researching), I'm at a loss where to connect. The strap has an oversized loop on one end, like a rawhide shoelace that makes a 3"D circle. The other end looks like it obviously has slots to accept the tail button. So do I slip this noose on the headstock or something?
    Kentucky 505
    Fender Stratocaster/Eric Johnson
    Gibson Les Paul Supreme
    MIM Squire Strat
    Takamine Acoustic
    Peavey Classic VTX Series Amp
    Boss GT-8 Effects Processor

Hi:

I put a little piece of rawhide around the bottom of the neck, just under the elevated fretboard; and then I tied the strap end to that. Alternatively, you can put a thin piece of leather or a shoelace under the strings where they attach to the tuners, and then tie the strap end to that. Either works well.

Cheers,

Kermit

<First thing I had to do was cut my fingernails to the raw to squeeze them in the baby frets.>

No, no, no, that's all wrong! You're supposed to grow them out, then file them into points. That's how you get your fingers onto those tiny frets. Kidding....

<How do I put on the strap? So do I slip this noose on the headstock or something?>

Could do, but I find it's kind of annoying up there. You bump into it when you play the first fret. You could slip it over the body and under the fretboard, as I recently saw a woman at the local jam did with her A-9. A strap button, if you go that route, is usually mounted on the underside of the heel block.