Thread: visiting Tucson for a couple weeks...

Default visiting Tucson for a couple weeks...

...and would love to play a bit while I'm here. Any good jams in the next 3 weeks or so?

Thanks!

D

Default Re: visiting Tucson for a couple weeks...

Wish I could help you. Over the years I've spent lots of time in Tucson but never found any organized jams. The Folk Shop music store on Campbell might have some advice/tips about local jams. Also, you might check at the two 'Cowboy' steak houses, Lil Abner's and Daisy May's. The guys in the C&W (emphasis on the 'W') bands that work those places might know of something.
    Used to be one of my favorite music-related things to do in Tucson was seeing the Sons of the Pioneers at the CCC Ranch west of town. All gone now.

Check out the Pima Air Museum if you're into that kind of thing. Pretty cool.
    "I play BG so that's what I can talk intelligently about." A line I loved and pirated from Mandoplumb

3. The following members say thank you to FLATROCK HILL for this post:

dlp 

Tucson has a lively music community. Check out Tucson Kitchen Musicians. Their website, which primarily promotes the Tucson Folk Festival, has links for live music and open mics under the "Events" tab.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a vet.

5. The following members say thank you to Roger Adams for this post:

dlp 

In any two week period there are bluegrass, celtic, and old-time jams in Tucson. Minimal searching will find them. Moxie