Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How many missing Loars?

Blog Entries

Default Re: How many missing Loars?

Correct Dave R., I said good day, many aren't buying old 5's just a few collectors/players and dealers sure won't pay much they are looking for profit and there are many that have been sitting for years. Lots of Loars, there just are so many cheaper great mandolins today being made.

I'll use the nice what 1929? fern at the Emporium as an example, and the other nice 1931? fern at Gruhn's, if the price was cheaper they would move, but at 60 I believe they will sit for a long time or until the consigners pull them? I may be wrong but I know how long some old F-5's sit. Like also that one 1925 F-5 with painted white F-hole edges, 110, unrealistic to me and that's been out there for years now. If someone wants one bad enough they'll pull the trigger/make an offer. Maybe if prices go back up like 10 years ago for F-5's they'll bring more? Just my thoughts on it all.
    And depending on the "barn find"-attic find it may need some serious work if indeed an F-5, we all don't know yet what it is?
    Last edited by William Smith; Jan-19-2018 at 5:03pm. Reason: more info