Thread: Tuner button screw

Default Tuner button screw

I have a mandolin with Gotoh tuners. I replaced the tuner buttons a few years ago but recently noticed one of the screws that hold the button to the tuner shaft is missing. I have searched high and low on the internet to buy a replacement but can not locate a source. Any help on this would be appreciated. It was a gold Gotoh set of tuners from a 1987 Flatiron A model.

Default Re: Tuner button screw

I have silver, I don't have gold. The size is M2.3x10. I got that from Gotoh. The problem is you won't find them in the US. The answer I came up with was to use an SAE size. That size is #2-64 x 3/8. I have been buying the stainless steel round head slotted screws from Fastenal. You might find them in brass with a round head and Phillips drive.

Here's the thread where I finally find all the Gotoh sizes.

Fastenal has brass slothead screws in the SAE size here if you can't find them any place else.
    "It's comparable to playing a cheese slicer."
    --M. Stillion

"Bargain instruments are no bargains if you can't play them"
    --J. Garber

3. The following members say thank you to MikeEdgerton for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by MikeEdgerton View Post
    I have silver, I don't have gold. The size is M2.3x10. I got that from Gotoh. The problem is you won't find them in the US. The answer I came up with was to use an SAE size. That size is #2-64 x 3/8. I have been buying the stainless steel round head slotted screws from Fastenal. You might find them in brass with a round head and Phillips drive.

Fastenal has brass slothead screws in the SAE size here if you can't find them any place else.
    Thanks for the information. I will look into these options. Very helpfull.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeEdgerton View Post

Here's where I found screws...
    https://www.allparts.com/checkout_th...14389BAtNQ8oFO