Thread: The talent of our hobby builders

Default The talent of our hobby builders

I've been building mandolins since 2001.. Several years ago I started offering rims and necks for sale, along with other small odds and ends.. Along the way many builder have sent me photos of their finished mandolins.. Makes me so proud to have had a little part in these beautiful pieces.. And the members here are so quick to respond to any and all questions that come up.. We all deserve a pat on the back for the time we spend helping others chase the dream.. With a good guide and a little time, most of us can complete a great looking and sounding mandolin and enjoy it the rest of our life.. good job.....
    kterry

Default Re: The talent of our hobby builders

I have a mandolin that a local luthier (Tom Fellenbaum) built for me a few years ago. There's no mandolin in the world I'd trade it for because of the story that goes along with it and because I know how much care went into it. Making music on that instrument, even as badly as I do it, does my soul good in a way that I don't think would ever be possible with an instrument bought off the wall of a store. I've come to appreciate deeply the work that people like you do.