Search:

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Ninetta - Mazurka by C. A. Bracco

Hi Christopher, I have put the scores of the Album pour Mandoline No. 1 and No.3 to my musicaneo site:
    https://michaelreichenbach.musicaneo.com/
    I plan to make scans of Album No.2 and Album No. 4...
  2. Replies
    Views

Ninetta - Mazurka by C. A. Bracco

This mazurka by the famous composer C. A. Bracco can be found in the Album pour Mandoline No. 3 which has been published by Ricordi ca. 1899. Bracco is famous for his compositions “I Mandolin a...
  3. Replies
    Views

Advice please! Pietro Tonelli Mandolin

Hi all,

Newbie here. I'm a Sicilian living in London, and my only real push to play the mandolin is southern italian music because of my roots.

I am searching for my first playable bowlback (I...
  4. SILVIO RANIERI - Mandolinist, Conductor and Composer.

Hi all,

I thought it would be interesting to post this 'sound-video' about the celebrated Mandolin virtuoso Silvio Ranieri (Rome, 1882 - 1956, Bruxelles) here.

It is a video of a...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: “Free” vrs “metered” tremelo

I came across the above quotation recently in a 100-odd-year-old Crescendo magazine. It illustrates a way of thinking about tremolo: that it may be played at different speeds, but it is not a...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: “Free” vrs “metered” tremelo

It depends on what a player's sense of phrasing, what the music, seems to call for. Of course, duo-style passages will require some degree of metering to keep the bass notes synchronized.
  7. Replies
    Views

“Free” vrs “metered” tremelo

I’ve searched the threads on this question but cannot locate an answer. Many musicians emphasize using a metronome to develop tremolo technique with emphasis on hearing the first beat in every series...
  8. Re: Drop Box is now available for Italian 'ballo liscio' sheet mu

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uapraiupjyegelb/AADCfJRPznT1ybwbrq2Pwg2Ia?dl=0

This link will take you to the Method Books folder: Gavitti, Pignoloni, and Tesio. Each can be invaluable assistance to...
  9. Re: Drop Box is now available for Italian 'ballo liscio' sheet mu

CENTURY PUBLISHING--INDEX is in the folder.
    This is a brand new folder with 21 titles (more on the way)
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nqsw18aai468q29/AAAK3K4zelIUnH6cB8rnD3--a?dl=

First, a bit of a...
  10. Re: Drop Box is now available for Italian 'ballo liscio' sheet mu

You've heard the old saying "too many cooks spoil the broth" ? Well, that certainly could apply in the case many of these marked up M1 parts with chord notations written in above the various...
  11. Re: Giacomo Sartori - Free scores in the Petrucci Library (IMSLP)

In the meantime I have added more scores, there are now 16 scores available.
    I have checked the scores collected by Sheri Mignano in her dropbox. Only the piece "Al Mare" is available as a complete...
  12. Re: Drop Box is now available for Italian 'ballo liscio' sheet mu

I'd like to share a subsection to my chapter on Maestro Pietro Tesio. He is the star of the book. I had no idea what I would find in my exploration of Italian mandolin music publishers but he left a...
  13. Recueillement (pour la Ste. Cécile), J. Pénavaire (1840-1906)

Jean-Grégoire Pénavaire (1840-1906): "Recueillement (pour la Ste. Cécile)"
    Prélude religieux - Andante
    Arranged for Estudiantina (small mandolin orchestra) by Mario Maciocchi

This is a mandolin...
  14. Re: Giacomo Sartori - Free scores in the Petrucci Library (IMSLP)

I have recently got more scores and will add the following pieces shortly:

Vita Beata (Marcia)
    Impressioni Musicali (Fantasia)
    La Sagra del Villagio (Fantasia)
    Suono, Fanfara (Marcia)
    Passione...
  15. Re: Anchient airs and dances suite #2 by Respigii

Well, the composer has also published the piece for piano four-hand, which may be a bit easier to extract mandolin parts from. It's on IMSLP, as is an arrangement of the final movement (Bergamasco)...
  16. Replies
    Views

Free Greek Music Book

I found on the web a free greek music book by Ricardo Sánchez Alférez, 10 melodies with sheet music and mp3 files. This is the link:

http://6266207-0.alojamiento-web.es/wordpress/?p=707

You...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Calabrese 'folk' tunes

My "Mandolin Melodies" book has it but after I pubished it, I added a second part. see attached. hope it helps.
    it's a neglected but great tarantella! each turnaround is accelerated (in keeping...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Italian Mazurkas Anyone?

It's easy to get overwhelmed by the sheer volume of music in the ballo liscio thread. Here are a few titles that I know are available as sheet music AND are pretty common mazurkas and waltzes on both...
  19. Zucconi Variations for mandolin and guitar (Vienna, 1801)

Hi all,

I've just published another blog post about one of my discoveries. It's a print from Vienna and dates to 1801, and is from the rather unknown composer François de Zucconi. Mandolin...
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Italian music, getting started

Thanks for all the advice everybody! I didn't expect this much feedback. I really appreciate all of the input. This should keep me occupied for a while.
  21. Barcarola del Marinero (Luigi Dall'Argine, 1904)

Luigi Dall'Argine: Barcarola del Marinero
    From the operetta "Dall'ago al Milione" (1904)

This is a song from a long-forgotten operetta by a long-forgotten composer, arranged for mandolin (or...
  22. Thread: Bowlbacks of Note

by Tavy
    Replies
    Views

Re: Bowlbacks of Note

Overpriced but certainly very pretty one on eBay UK

23. Mandolins, Mandolas, Mandoloncellos at the BDZ Eurofestival

I have just finished my post about the instruments exhibition at the BDZ Eurofestival Zupfmusik 2018 in Bruchsal. Its in German, but it's mostly pictures.

I have made photos of instruments by the...
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Romance by J C Mouter 1925 - 1982

Thanks, Andy (and Mark for the original score) -- this is a very nice piece and unusual in giving the lead to the mandola for most of the time. Het Consort have got a few Chris Mouter pieces on...
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Seeking Composer Dates

Sorry, too late to help Neil. second edition? My research for my book yielded that Maestro Stellario died September 12, 1929.
    the spelling of Stellario's name has so many orthographic/typographic...
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4