Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Sacramento Area Bluegrass Jams?

Nicholson Music in Folsom
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Sacramento Area Bluegrass Jams?

I moved from Sac about 5 years ago. There was a weekly slow jam that was advertised on the CBA website. There was also a Music Store (I forget the name), in Folsom that was becoming the premium...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Storage shed find-and it needs love.

4. Replies
    Views

Re: CMC joint arthritis (no mandolin content)

Thanks for your replies. I think I’ll experiment with light gauge strings and check into chiropractic & acupuncture too. The dr in Bristol VA is about 4 hours from me, so I might try him if I can’t...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Ellis Archive - We need your help!

I’ve got an Ellis A oval hole, #187-10. I think it was Mr. Ellis’ first oval and photographs of it are posted on his website. I’ll try to take some pictures myself.
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Recommended luthiers in Sacramento Ca area

The absolute best Luthier in the area is Michael Lewis, about 1/2 way between Auburn and Grass Valley off of 49, but he's beginning to slow down and ease into retirement. He is a world class luthier.
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Ellis Oval Hole A

I guess I missed this thread when it started back in 2010. I bought mine from Fiddlers Green, and I know one (a blonde) went over to Tamco in the UK. Add in Mark's and I guess we've accounted for...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Do you have a favorite APP

2 apps I like:

Chord detect. - it will give you the chords for any song in your library or YouTube, and has a function to change the pitch and or tempo. It has mods for mandolin, guitar, banjo &...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Post Your Ellis A5

Here is the front of my oval hole.124364
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: What's On Your Holiday Wish List?

I got my Christmas wish early: a Stanley F-5!
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: What are you playing for the holidays?

I'm working on Emory Lester's arrangement of "Oh Come Oh Come Emmanuel." It's really a beautiful piece and a challenging arrangement. I also play a lot of John Fahey's Christmas song arrangements...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Grass Valley, CA

I'm not sure what kind of jams are available in Grass Valley/Nevada City proper, but there is a regular jam in Loomis, one at 5th String Music in Sacramento, and a Thursday night jam that moves...