Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Tips for better rhythm playing

Chop tips
    left hand puts down the notes. careful not to squeeze too hard or let your palm cover the neck or let your thumb come up over and around onto the board.
    when the right hand...
  2. Replies
    Views

Billy in the lowground

I mean Monroe took the part of the clarinet in the big band sound of the thirties and played it on the mandolin.

9oVVBLOXVYo
  3. 5 Thoughts On The Right Hand And Fast Picking

Just a quick video I made for the start of the new year on the right hand and working up speed.

TKQfLbidNmg

If you have any burning mandolin questions let me know, i want this new video series...
  4. Re: New bluegrass fiddle tune jam along podcast

Hi. I’ve added Cherokee Shuffle to the podcast. Links to various platforms can be found at https://bluegrassjamalong.com/the-podcast/
  5. Re: How Do You Play Angeline the Baker and Why?

I think it sounds better open stringed but to tell the truth I tend not to play it if I can help it.

That said here is a refreshing version from a Mandolin Monday session where both approaches are...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: I don't like F styles. Anyone else?

I've found that when you cook brussel sprouts you should cook them the same way I cook Kale. I mix in a little olive oil as it makes both of them much easier to scrape off the plate into the garbage.
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Loar lm-520 New mandolin

I found the MD-615 to have a warmer, clear tone that I liked. I also preferred the feel of playing it better than the Loar. The Loar was good, but the Eastman was a definite step up.
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Buy without trying

I think you have a good strategy, keeping to trusted sources.

I would totally disagree with two points you have made. I comment because I would like to give everyone who reads this thread...