Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: A charango I built recently

The finish really pops out the grain. Great job.
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Cumberland Acoustic Bridge Review

D’Addario, both sets. Thanks for the encouragement, I’ve almost forgotten how to play guitar the one week I’ve been feeling mando love. Last night I went to strip the back finish off, found a heck...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Not my day. Lacquer blisters.

So sorry, David. When I CA glued my entire thumb to the top of a clients acoustic, I spent 2 days cleaning off the leftovers. When I walked in the local hardware store to get a bit of acetone, I...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Cumberland Acoustic Bridge Review

Trying to figure out these new fangled machines to upload.
    I shouldn’t follow directions.
    The first review on the mando out of the box, no set up with factory bridge, second vid with the CA...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: why is it?

I have a hora bazouki. It’s okay for recording, and it’s so-so live. I’ve owned a few of those old mail order solid wood mandolins, and every one shined.
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Hard to Change My Mind

I had an EBO come into the shop with these strange strings on them. They thunked like bridge cables. I’ll throw any good roundwound on, usually Ernie Ball, because they’re available. I don’t go...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: A Cantigas lute I just finished

Such historical, artistic and clean work, wonderful!
  8. Replies
    Views

Cumberland Acoustic Bridge Review

Paul at Cumberland Acoustics recommended the non-radiused bridge; Paul shared the story of his company, and we found common ground in Nashville and surrounds. I installed the bridge on my new-to-me...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Another guitar player buys a mando

“String bending is tough on mandolin with its high tension, short scale length and double courses. That makes bending a different animal from guitar, where you can bend pure notes a half-step, whole...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: When or why to upgrade

When? Yesterday ain’t soon enough.
    Why? Because the mandolin told me do it.
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Tips on Fixing This Broken Headstock?

I’m with Jeff Mando. JB Weld is the olive oil of the fabrication and repair world