Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Women Builders

Looks like Peggy White was building flat top mandolins: https://www.peggywhite.ca/#models
  2. Replies
    Views

Tenor String Set for GDAE

Hi,
    I have a Blueridge BR 40t that I want to string GDAE.... I know this question has been brought up before ( I looked up the old threads) but I would greatly appreciate some current advice on...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: What are these and why do I need them?

On some mandolins there are harmonics, almost like a buzz when you hit an open string. Gibson used to put a strip of leather or felt under the strings on their tailpiece. They are there to suppress...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: snark picks-anyone tried these

I love the Snark picks. There is a noticeable improvement to the sound. Just received a dozen .94mm for the guitar and a dozen 1.07mm for the mandolin.
  5. Great practice tool: Strum Machine (strummachine.com)

I've started using a newly released site/app called Strum Machine (strummachine.com), which I really like. It provides automatic backing guitar rhythm (boom chuck) using recorded samples, in any key...
  6. Thread: Humidification

by Michel
    Replies
    Views

Re: Humidification

Who can take me an advice, may i harnessing such humidifier: http://best-humidifier.com/recommends/airoswiss-aos-7147-ultrasonic-humidifier-warm-cool-mist/ for my banjo
  7. Re: Another right-hand question... overcoming the yips

I used to get a terrible right hand tremor sometimes when in a performance situation, especially when doing fingerstyle (playing OM). It is kind of funny when your fingers start hitting strings at...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: The right strings

So far I am really liking Pyramid Pure Nickel Classics. They make my Gretsch G9310 ring and the pure nickel wrap round core are lower tension which is a plus for me.
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Is this a Reputable Seller? Safetywoman67

My experience with this seller was pretty positive. I wasn't thrilled with the unit I purchased (nothing too major, just some minor setup stuff, and I don't live anywhere near a good mando tech), so...
  10. Mandolin for Dummies and Mandolin Exercises for Dummies

I purchased these two books (used) on Amazon. I've been playing for about a year, self taught, using primarily tab. Even so I think these books will help me to advance my playing. Problem is, as...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Pick position

from the 1884 Cristofaro method:
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Keeping the bugs off!!

Citronella candles, tiki torches with citronella fluid, some folks put a drier sheet in their collars or hanging out the back of their ball caps.

Jamie
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Coping strategies and awareness.

I had an Uncle blinded in Korea. Let him grab your shoulder, and take off. Just tell him if there was a step up/down, log, creek, low limbs or fence. He would catch you if any of these things tripped...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: grip mods for picks

Lick works as well as an alcohol wipe.
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Quail is a pretty bird

Linked is sheet music for the tune. Turning it into tab should be pretty easy and a good exercise. Or you could get TablEdit or TefView to do it for you.
  16. Thread: Elmo ?

by brianf
    Replies
    Views

Elmo ?

Anyone know about Elmo mandolins?
  17. Replies
    Views

I am fairly illiterate about this sort of thing....

I am fairly illiterate about this sort of thing. I was wondering how you would put a site with roughly this skeleton together. The different intricasies of the board and the classifieds place and the...
  18. Thread: Tremolo

by Jim Broyles
    Replies
    Views

Mike, he spelled it right. Go to your room. And...

Mike, he spelled it right. Go to your room. And don't try this at home again.

Unless you were referring to the "secrete," as in maybe there is some secretion we can put on our picks to develop a...
  19. Replies
    Views

Needs to be in the Women with Mandolins thread.

Needs to be in the Women with Mandolins thread.
  20. Thread: Good solo songs

by Aran
    Replies
    Views

Nickel Creek played Britney Spears' Toxic last...

Nickel Creek played Britney Spears' Toxic last Monday???

Obviously a popular choice.

Personally I am a bit confused http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/rock.gif