Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandocello K-style build

Tomy, great to see you here!!

I too am a fan of yours and followed the octave build. Your videos are such a treat, always a learning experience. This mandocello is going to be awesome!

- Greg...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Cello conversion contender?

Not much to report here but a tube of wood goodies arrived from Stewmac this week! Some bracing wood, kerfed lining and ebony binding which I am equally psyched as afraid of. I think I’m going to go...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: A list for first time builders

Marital capital is best spent on a payment plan, spread out the work and tool acquisitions accordingly.
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Cello conversion contender?

I’m in agreement with that sentiment and pretty sure these are solid woods, definitely heat arched though. Thanks for the wood advice. I will likely put a pickup back in and call it a day after...
  5. Replies
    Views

Cello conversion contender?

Hey folks,

I've been searching Ebay and beyond for an archtop guitar to convert to mandocello. I have narrowed my search to various Harmony styles. The archtones (1213-15) are readily available...
  6. Re: Good Mando Luthier in Chicago for a Gibson junior

Give Jim at Hogeye Music a call, he can likely help you out. The shop is in Evanston on Central, so... not not Chicago.
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Chris Thile Begins a New Era with APM Radio

Last night was the first time I had the opportunity to take in the new show in it's entirety. It was a pretty cool experience that made me think of how families used to sit around the radio...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: To assemble or buy cheap

I would like to do both, with the scale tipping towards playing because I don't see being a professional builder in my future. Perhaps as a retirement plan, although I'm only half way to that mark. ...