Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Zeta Acoustic Electic Mandolin

ZETA's A/E mando's have 'active' electronics . . . meaning they have a preamp and battery. A floor DI can be used for additional power (volume) boost along with tonal adjustments, tuner, etc . . ....
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: ZETA acoustic mandolin question

With the reopening of many performance venues worldwide (early 2022) our ZETA violin sales went through the roof, forcing us to focus all efforts to meeting demand. That, combined with a complicated...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Hands on with a Zeta acoustic mandolin

Thanks Daryl for the thoughtful review. Hope you have the opportunity to try out one of our A/E models sometime.

"I would think this is the same case used for the Zeta violins, probably just a...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: ZETA acoustic mandolin question

And we have a winner! Congratulations Charles E. We've been waiting for the first player contemplation regarding our mention of 'Proprietary Tone Port', and Charles nailed it. This 'Tone Port' is in...
  5. Re: Article: ZETA Announces Launch of the "Stage" Model Mandolin

Thanks Mike . . . the ZETA 'Stage' retrofit pickup will be available shortly to order from any of our ZETA Mandolin dealers. Dealers currently have no information as I am working on the final...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: 2020 NAMM Show Report

Yes . . . the ZETA 'Stage' retrofit pickup is available to order from any of our ZETA Mandolin dealers. The bridge feet need to be fit to your mandolin . . . just like any other retrofit bridge...
  7. Replies
    Views

Hey Bill . . . good question. The new 'Stage' mandolin is a fully acoustic mando built entirely in our shop and is available as acoustic only. It is also available as an A/E (acoustic/electric)...
  8. Replies
    Views

Thanks for your announcement Scott and it was very nice getting the chance to visit with you at NAMM and the Ranch. I'm happy to report that I've updated our ZETA website with pertinent info...
  9. Re: Gibson threatening the mandolin and guitar luthier community

Monteleone's relationship at that time was with Mandolin Brothers, NY.

Steve Carlson
  10. Re: Gibson threatening the mandolin and guitar luthier community

Yes . . . sorry for that (unclear) oversight on my part . . . 'that F-style 'inspirational' mandolin I purchased from George Gruhn was definitely not a Gibson, but rather an extremely fine example of...
  11. Re: Gibson threatening the mandolin and guitar luthier community

Thanks Bernie. Aside from the 'let-down' of the moment (ie, 1st encounter with Henry on the NAMM show floor January 1986) and subsequent frustration . . . there are odd vivid memories that provide a...
  12. Re: Gibson threatening the mandolin and guitar luthier community

Flatiron: setting the record straight and a bit of context:

I primarily agree with the prior posts here which emphasize the untenable act of forging the 'Gibson' name and passing off forgeries and...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Compulsive purchase- Flatiron 1N

Here's a little more info on the subject of Flatiron Mandolins startup and early days.

https://zetaviolins.com/steve-carlson

Best,
    Steve Carlson
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Steve Carlson Tooling Up at ZETA

I believe that was a branded import. I have found a use for these.127423
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Steve Carlson Tooling Up at ZETA

Thanks Scott for the interview and your time spent. Here is a couple more interesting pics of the ZETA CNC we made . . . and a photo of the 1st 12 Montana ZETA Violins.
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: The F5G and Steve Carlson

After a little further thought:

One further clue to this is the Osborne Brothers connection. 'IF' this instrument flowed through the Osborne band as stated, then the most likely way it got to the...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: The F5G and Steve Carlson

That is probably correct.

Time table:

March '87 thru July (Gibson mandolin focus)
    Summer '87 thru October (Gibson banjo focus)
    October '87 thru March '88 (Gibson A-style development)
    Winter...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Flatiron F5 Artist details required

Hi Jimmy. I've done a little further digging and found Flatiron's 1st and only 'official' newsletter . . . 'The Flatiron Press'. The timing of this newsletter, it's coverage of changes, and the carve...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Steve Carlson

Sorry for the delay f-d,

The answer to your question and every similar question is this . . . 'it is found in the doing'. I'll try to clarify. When you are doing something . . . say traveling down...
  20. Replies
    Views

OK, not sure what you want/hope to see in your 'mandolin maker'. So I oblige with a potpourri of the many faces . . . and you get to choose. :)

80794 Flatiron 2MW I gave to my father. My niece...
  21. Replies
    Views

I left Gibson at the end of 1993. Hope that helps.

Steve Carlson