Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: Drop Box is now available for Italian 'ballo liscio' sheet mu

Hi, everyone. I got my copy of Heroes in the mail on Saturday. Wonderful, and informative. I haven't gotten to the "dense" parts yet, but so far it's great. Thanks as always, Sheri!
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Tuning for 19th Century Mandolin

It also looks to me like there's a neck angle problem, and that the treble end of the fretboard is higher than the octave fret. A not uncommon problem with bowlbacks in my limited experience, but it...
  3. Re: Why/how did you start playing mandolin?

Actually, besides the upright piano in the dining room, and violin lessons at school, mandolin was my first instrument. I found it in the attic when I was about 13 (that would be 1965), and asked my...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Italian music, getting started

I also play Italian style, but haven't yet chimed in because everyone else said it already, but do let us know how you make out at Ikegaku. I also play traditional Japanese music (shakuhachi,...
  5. Re: Drop Box is now available for Italian 'ballo liscio' sheet mu

Sheri, as always, as ALWAYS, thanks for this and all your work of love keeping this music available and alive. I'm giving a lecture-concert for the Italian Dept. of the University of Massachusetts,...
  6. Replies
    Views

Hutchins Aluminum mandolin

Hi, everyone.

In case you all haven't seen it already, this popped up on ebay USA:
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Nice solo piece.

And thanks to you both. I can't wait to give this a try, but first I have to practice up some Munier for a gig. And, speaking of technique, this is what popped up next on my youtube list: ...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: New to mandolin

[QUOTE=xav88;1590737] "And no renting where I am to be honest."

If you are interested in starting on lute, look at the Lute Society of America's rental program: ...
  9. Historic mandolin recordings available.

Hi, all.

I was alerted to this website featuring digitized 78rpm recordings by a facebook friend, and found they have several mandolin-related recordings available for free listening and download....
  10. Re: Hello, about Classical mandolins ?

Yes, LadysSolo. If you're careful, and know what you're looking for, it is still possible to get a quite nice and playable bowl back mandolin for a very reasonable price on ebay. Make sure there's...
  11. Re: Hello, about Classical mandolins ?

I also agree with Jim. Any mandolin designed before about 1940 was intended for classical style playing. I play ballo liscio and American "Golden Era" on my Vega cylinder back almost exclusively. ...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Music for Quartet

There are also several pieces for quartet here: http://www.justclassicalguitar.com/vpmusicmedia/biblioteca.php though you need to search through a bit, and being European they all require an octave...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Music for Quartet

Hi, all. I would echo what others say here, except to comment that keeping the guitar player interested is an ongoing problem for my trio playing this repertoire. Even the parts tend to be simply...
  14. Re: Drop Box is now available for Italian 'ballo liscio' sheet mu

Hi, all.

I can't say enough good about the efforts of all on this thread, most particularly Sheri. However, my purpose here is to complete Tesio's "Parla D'Amore" Waltzes, which I notice only has...