Search:

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Sunburst finishing workshop in Knoxville, March 12

This seemed like the best section to post this. The Knoxville area luthier's group will be hosting me for a sunburst finishing workshop on Sunday March 12 at the Woodcraft store classroom. They have...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Wayfaring Stranger

Nice job, Michael! I really enjoyed that! Thanks for sharing with us!
  3. Replies
    Views

Sweet!! Very well done, Michael. The Yellowstone is on my dream list and hearing yours just brought a tear to my eye. :)
  4. Replies
    Views

Nice treatment, this has always been a favorite tune for me. Y'all sound good!
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Martins will no longer be stamped "Made in USA"

My '52 Martin D-18 is stamped "Made In USA" on the top rear of the headstock but it was purchased in Canada in 1952. One of the Martin people (may have been Richard Starkey) told me that in those...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Surprise in my Gibson Mandolin Case

With my luck I'd find a brown recluse in the case or something. :(
  7. Re: Screaming good deal on an A2 snakehead in Orlando! Underprice

Well, perhaps next time I see something like this I'll post a teaser and ask people to PM me for details, instead of hanging the ad out in the open for everyone to see.
  8. Replies
    Views

Dovetail Cleanup w/ CNC

Thought some of you might be interested in this. This is an old Slingerland archtop which I'm putting an OM neck on for a customer. It had been reset in the past, which had subsequently failed, and...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Maryland Police Dispose of Dangerous Accordion

In almost two decades of working with the bomb squad and Homeland Security, I've seen bombs disguised as Thermos bottles, books, lunch boxes and much more. You treat it as deadly until you know...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Who's The Oldest?

Let's just say I was in attendance at Woodstock and leave it at that.
  11. Replies
    Views

Nava Rosewood Standard Plus mandolin

Hi Guys,
    Here’s the last instrument completed in 2014, it was shipped out on Monday is now safely with its new owner.
    Cheers Gary
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Who is Paul McCartney?

I honestly wish I didn't know who Kanye West was.
  13. Replies
    Views

The Laurel & Hardy Theme

The famous and fun theme, composed by Marvin Hatley and that was used as background music in many films of Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy, in a simple arrangement of mine for classical guitar....
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Who is Paul McCartney?

That's like those bumper stickers: "Who are The Grateful Dead and why do they keep following me?" :))

On second thought, it's nothing at all like that. :whistling:

Yes, it would have to be kids...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Mass St. Music

South and East. About thirty min. North of Springfield.
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Double scroll mando

Should anybody have ever wondered what my signature line is all about - this thread nicely demonstrates all of it.
  17. Replies
    Views

If that's you, you should change your username.
  18. Replies
    Views

Do we really need a new supercharged level of mas???? I want one now with the back& rims of wood salvaged from queen annes revenge and a one piece top of cedar from solomons temple....
  19. U.S. DoT Issues Final Rule - Air Travel with Musical Instruments

U.S. Department of Transportation Issues Final Rule Regarding Air Travel with Musical Instruments

WASHINGTON – The U.S. Department of Transportation today issued a final rule to implement section...
  20. Replies
    Views

That bodybuilder's fretboard seems extremely abbreviated. Looks like it probably doesn't even get in the way when he drags his g-string over it.
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Omi mandolin, German?

I would defer to Bertram on this one since he lives in Germany. :)
  22. Re: Any tips on keeping up with chord changes better?

Lots of good advice above. Most everyone is advocating that you think key centers and patterns for the whole solo (i.e. using a G pentatonic scale for the entire solo), not specific licks for...
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Recording Interface for Mac OS X Yosemite

I also plan to hold on to my hardware "twinfinity" preamp. But only because it's paid for, I don't need the money, its completely integrated into my setup, and I have a fondness for twiddling dials....
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Other forums

This is a special place...I visit daily and always find something or someone of interest.
    Thanks all...
  25. Thread: Other forums

by dcoventry
    Replies
    Views

Re: Other forums

"Honest to the point of recklessness, self-centered in the extreme..."

"I've been posting hereabouts for 10 good solid years. If I told you 'bout all that went down it'd burn off both your ears..."
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 4