Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Noob question playing in different keys

Thanks all for the advice. I fully intend to spend some time working on theory (actually since my original post I've taken & passed the 1st section quiz @ Artistworks) I simply needed the quick...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Today While Mandolinin

Today while mandolinin my maid heard me practicing in the next room and called out, "Is that a ukulele?" Now I'm wondering if my playing is that bad or if I need a new maid.:mandosmiley:
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin for a violinist

Is she playing a full size violin? Heart set on an f-style? A's are more common in classical & you'll get more bang for your buck with an A-style. If you're dead-set on an f-style I'd recommend an...
  4. Re: Where can I try a variety of mandos in the upper midwest?

If you visit Elderly bookmark their site and note the makes/models you're interested in trying. They keep the inventory current on their site but their complete inventory is not on display at all...
  5. Replies
    Views

You might have missed this.....

On the Cafe homepage they mention David Benedict's blog Mandolin Mondays. He's providing a free download of his album & it's some fine work. Here's the link :...
  6. Re: New member hoping to be able to play......

Plus one on the Newbies group & here's the link since Mark's signature didn't appear for some reason,
    http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/group.php?groupid=76

And welcome aboard!
  7. Re: Cool tip for the electric guitar players (no mando content)

Had a nice Tele once, funny how guitars are similar to old cars in that aspect, recalling the years you drove (or played) a certain model. The gentleman with Bill; Dan Erlewine from Michigan, ...
  8. Replies
    Views

My 1st jam session

Funny how things work out sometimes. I recently took my new mandolin to the Luthier for a Floridaectomy. While visiting with him he convinced me to attend a jam session held at the American Legion in...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Florida: Use It Or Lose It?

Speaking about Bill Monroe & the intact Florida. I've never seen him hit notes on it but what I have noticed is that he picked near the bridge. I asked Mike Marshall about it due to the fact I'm...
  10. Replies
    Views

That's Bluegrass

Full length feature film available free on Dailymotion.com I stumbled upon it by accident and just thought I'd share.