Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Viva Las VeGrass Bluegrass Festival

Viva Las VeGrass is the only multi-day bluegrass festival held in Las Vegas. Held on a former golf course turned into the "Jewel of the Nevada Parks System," you'll enjoy 3 days of amazing bluegrass,...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Barn Find Gibson

Some photos from Gil that show the color a bit better:

3. Replies
    Views

Barn Find Gibson

Hello friends,

I've been so excited to get this on here and share my find with you. I just got it back from the luthier (Gil Rosado formerly of Mandolin Bros, you rock!) and finished up photos and...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Inside the Ellis and Pava Workshop

Thanks Nick, I appreciate it! I sure hope you can make it to 48, the Monroe Doctrine won't be the same without you and I've been working hard to get ready this year!
  5. Replies
    Views

6. Replies
    Views

7. Replies
    Views

Inside the Ellis and Pava Workshop

Hello fellow Cafe friends and Happy New Year.

My wife and I travelled over the holidays to New Orleans and San Antonio before stopping in Austin for a few days. I had reached out to Ellis...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Sierra Hull IBMA

Reminds me of a fellow player who said "As soon as you enter a instrument contest, you've lost."

Congrats to Sierra, a masterful mandolin player. I would imagine that much like the Oscars and...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: The Traveling Pick Sampler - Anyone Interested?

Whew! That was a close one for the Spectra of Plectra!
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: This is incredible...

Can anyone who listened to the early years of Rock n Roll with performers like Chuck Berry, Jerry Lee Lewis or Elvis say "Led Zeppelin or the Rolling Stones" aren't rock? Just because a genre evolves...
  11. Replies
    Views

Shalom!
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: My wonderful experience at Carter's Vintage

While in Nashville for Mando Camp, we all went to Carter's to sample the goods and hear the instructor's concerts. Awesome place and great folks. My friend Robin and I went into the high end room and...
  13. Replies
    Views

Wow guys, been a long weekend and I just had a chance to check the forum. First of all, sorry there was a mix-up but if anyone thinks it was intentional you are way off base. Secondly, if anyone's...
  14. Replies
    Views

One more down and several to go on the Spectra O' Plectra (I'm sticking with it!) sampler pack. I think I've found a way to incorporate the tackle box concept on a better scale. I used a plastic...
  15. Replies
    Views

My Picker's Dinner is tonight where the main course will be the "Sampler Platter". Then off to the next person on the list tomorrow!
  16. Replies
    Views

I received the Plectra O' Spectra today (Traveling Pick Sampler) and as I nervously peeled back layer after layer of previous recipients mailing addresses I saw the one from the attached photo from...
  17. Replies
    Views

How's this?

18. Replies
    Views

Perhaps due to it's current girth I can suggest a new name and logo?
  19. Replies
    Views

Looking forward to your report Markscarts and even more to your post saying they are on their way to Paulindrome! That would make me next! I'm hosting a dinner for 5 other local mando players when I...
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Taterbug Identity Crisis

Thank you all for weighing in on all things bowlback and nutria! I will use only light gauge strings. I actually rarely play the two that I have, now three, and as such keep the tension off the...
  21. Replies
    Views

Taterbug Identity Crisis

Hi guys, I found this pretty little lady in an antique store this weekend and decided to rescue her. In great shape and beautiful inlay work. Obviously American made and I'm think Lyon and Healy but...
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Bill monroe instrumentals

One that my group does was apparently written by Monroe but he never recorded it. An awesome waltz called "The One I Love is Gone".
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: What the pros play?

Looking forward to seeing it, and you, there!
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Left Handed Hogwash?

[QUOTE=journeybear;1438624]Au contraire! A lefty F-y is a mirror- image mandolin, so the strap hanger - I mean, scroll - is still on top.

Journey I never said I couldn't find a lefty F model, I...
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Left Handed Hogwash?

Someone asked about whether my upside down playing affected my chop sound since I hit the E and A strings first. Great question. While I find a strummed chord may sound different that a righty...
Page 1 of 2 1 2