Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: My avatar disappeared -- how do I get it back?

Curious... I ran up Chrome and most everyone's avatars are loading except Stringalong.

Wonder if it's a URL link issue, or a size thing? I resize mine to 100x100 pixels and manually uploaded it....
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: What's with the "Product"??

In the retail world "product" is used a lot. Like when, as a Detailer for Frito-Lay, chips, dip, popcorn, the whole shebang is referred to simply as product. Different word for merchandise. In this...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: LeosWood Armrests...PLEASE READ

Sir, I know all too well how death can mess one up. Was both my parent's caregiver. We lost the house to foreclosure as Father's AARP life insurance refused to pay out (he was too old?!?), and was...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Seagull S8 Mandolin

Recorded a couple of videos out on the steps of the veranda. Was quite busy this day, but took time to tinker with a tune that found me when was playing the Weber. So far three different 'pieces"...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: hot rod rogue.

Get it set up. The nut will probably have to be taken down quite a bit if it was at anything like mine. Then you get to play with the saddle and intonation. You don't want any space underneath the...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Seagull S8 Mandolin

Had left a note with The Acoustic Shop telling them how great the mandolin sounds, and that I registered the product. Also stated that one of the tuner knobs broke and I had contacted Seagull Guitars...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Under $300

Whomever said the Seagull S8 isn't very loud must of been deaf. This baby has sustain to rival the Weber Y2K even. Sure, is a bit on the brighter side of tone, but she's got tones in all the right...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin arm rests

Got a Cumberland arm rest too, and I thought, "wow, these are really small." Added felt underneath for better clamp adjustment - its low end would not tighten down otherwise.

Might be just me:...
  9. Replies
    Views

What sort of mandolin would a pirate have?

Seen this photo of this pirate named Scrum holding an interesting looking mandolin and sort of made me wonder, what mandolin is that??

10. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin to fiddle

Least with a Hurdy Gurdy is that you don't need a bow hand like with a fiddle, and many different HG artists go for various types of music, some fast, like...
  11. Re: Wished there was a Mini-Mandolin available!

Travolin is out of touch for the intents & purpose of what I was wanting. It may be the clever size, and looks to have a fairly decent & unique sound to what it is, I'd need an affluent relative to...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin Cafe Ball Cap

Tried the ol' selfie the day the hat came in... was not a good photo. Stopped off for a bite to eat at a local buffet, on the way home from the 'field' job, and snapped a photo for Google Maps to...
  13. Re: Wished there was a Mini-Mandolin available!

And you just don't know where you might want to stop along the trail and play a few tunes...

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4654/40236152811_ea19a5a321_b.jpg

30 miles in 5m 30s
  14. Re: Wished there was a Mini-Mandolin available!

Hmm... Travolin?
    http://www.travolin.com/Products.aspx

https://youtu.be/oldDHVcj6iM
  15. Re: Wished there was a Mini-Mandolin available!

This fellow has the idea, in effect, with four strings...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcDqcWnOvbw
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Playing Off Beat?

Did the phantom pick last Monday and when I was in tune with the group, as am having to play by ear, it sounded good playing off the beat. Then too the music teacher wasn't there so I was having a...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Bluegrass Cajon or Cajón

A trio of ... a mandolin, a ukulele bass, and a cajon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yl6FwpTm1PA
  18. Re: There is NO WAY that pinky is going to make it to the boardwa

FWIW, was resting the neck in the web of my hand there as my thumb was sore.

Thank you ALL for the suggestions. Will work towards a better play style.
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Lucky Buy?

Had watched that video then found one did of the series before. Almost the exact same wording. So he's a paid spokesperson and not an honest review.

Jimmy Gaudreau Reviews The Kentucky KM256...
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Questions about Weber Y2K Mandolin

God I luv this mandolin. Only a Bridger could be better! And this one is plenty loud, and the sustain is great!

Playing chords in chorus that comes to me, developed as I learned basic chords, and...
  21. Replies
    Views

Looks like rubber glue was used to hold the pick guard down. The front of the pick guard actually had come loose probably from the cold shipment temperatures. After having it exposed to room...
  22. Replies
    Views

Spent 3 days in Salt Lake City, UT ... so I stirred up the hornet's nest. Not sure if was coincidence, Holy Intervention, or what, but after contacting FedEx's Customer Service via Social Media the...
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Why don't pictures show up in threads?

I concur. Mobile devices have a setting to not play or download videos & photos to save on bandwidth. That is a phone/tablet setting.

If you have a browser that supports NoScript, you'll have to...
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Aged Ivoriod Tuners

Did a Google search for yas.

1) Staining Waverly Ivoroid Buttons

2) Vintage-style Tuner Knobs replacements
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Italian Mandolin music being forgotten ???

Tuscan Trio - O Sole Mio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VC6utDUiAVY
Page 1 of 2 1 2