Search:

Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Thread: Stringjoy

by Perry
    Replies
    Views

Re: Stringjoy

Yeah I never had a problem with my EJ74s. I suppose string (and pick) experimentation is a minor form of g.a.s. I did just read something interesting on another forum. Someone paraphrased Tommy...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Best Budget Mandolin? Advice.

The best budget mandolin comes from a shop that will do a proper set up so you don't have to spend almost the purchase price again on a quality set up.

I am a fan of inexpensive mandolins for...
  3. Replies
    Views

Recording King makes a Dirty 30's A for $199 that is not only cheap but does not sound bad or play badly. I teach kids and that is what I recommend to their parents who usually bring in these...
  4. Replies
    Views

Ibanez seems to be getting a bad rap here. I have one, an F style, F hole. It came to me factory new and after a proper set up and string change, it plays just fine for me. I cannot emphasize enough...
  5. Replies
    Views

I have owned a few budget mandolins I’d heartily endorse.

1) the Eastman MD304 or 305

2) my favorite… Big Muddy. They makes their models in “primitive” also to save some bucks if you like. They...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: BRW Tuners and Tailpiece

Hey Dan! I have the James on my Pava and LOVE it! I think if your handy enough to do your tuners, you can easily do the tail piece. Just safe tape or mark your bridge location. I think it's easier...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Blue chip picks

At first yes…. After years (decades for others), BC is not that expensive. I’ve spend more on Dunlop Tortex in less time then I’ve owned my BC. Those only last about 5 sessions for me before the tip...
  8. Replies
    Views

Mandolin Academy (Baron Collins-Hill)

Has anyone else signed up for this new program that Baron Collins-Hill is offering? It looks promising.
    https://academy.mandolessons.com/the-comprehensive-mandolin

I've already learned so much...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Gifted another of my sons an instrument

So if I understand you clearly, we’re shopping for an oval? :))
  10. Replies
    Views

Awesome. My Dad gifted me a nice mandolin, which lead to us getting together weekly to play to play jazz/fiddle tunes/bluegrass, swapping mandolin and guitar back and forth as we go. All started...
  11. Replies
    Views

Can you adopt me. :grin:
  12. Re: Gifted another of my sons an instrument

That's so awesome and very generous of you! Your sons are fortunate to have such a great, sharing Dad.
  13. Replies
    Views

That’s great! My boys are just 10 and 12 and learning bass and guitar, respectively. They can play a handful of tunes with their mom and me, and we have a lot of fun. I look very forward to the day...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: NMD... hopefully today!

Thank you! It really is wonderful :) The nut width is 1-1/8" (standard). I'm not sure if it's the string spacing or something else but it looks wide to me... I had to measure it twice to make sure....
  15. Replies
    Views

That's a beautiful mandolin! My last name is Morris and I really should've got one of those Morris mandolins.
  16. Replies
    Views

Christmastime is Here - NMD

Promised Santa (or at least Mrs. Claus) I'd be good if there might be an A model mandolin in my future. Guess it worked.

A model from Steve Boeh of Woodbury, MN. This is #37. Minnesota pine top...
  17. Replies
    Views

https://youtu.be/2c59BWLYhXw?si=1c9jqY9Lfpx29ot7

Blue Mandolin Christmas
  18. Replies
    Views

I am over the moon for this Morris A4! It's so beautiful to look at and listen to... the tone is sweet and warm... sparkle-y highs.

Mr. Howard Morris really does build a wonderful Mandolin :)
  19. Replies
    Views

NMD!!! More pictures to come :)

I got a Howard Morris A4 in Blue finish from the classifieds here. Totally stoked as I've always wanted a blue one- it's my youngest daughter's favorite...
  20. Replies
    Views

NMD... hopefully today!

I got a new one scheduled to be delivered today!!! Hopefully USPS comes through, although I know this time of year some extra grace is needed for the delivery companies.

More to come.... :)
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Upgrade Fever continued...

Just a thought... Unless you have to have a scroll the MD605, A shape, can be found for significantly less. It has all the same features and sound as the F shape model.

Happy hunting!
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Upgrade Fever

Thank you all for your wonderful advice and comments! As always I am blown away by the knowledge and helpfulness of the members here. If you have a really great mandolin collection and no children,...
  23. Re: In Search of a Case for a Kentucky KM-900

My KM-900 came in a black Superior fiberglass case.
  24. Re: In Search of a Case for a Kentucky KM-900

I just checked, and my KM950 is a good fit in the Superior A-style fiberglass case. Saga shows them available directly for $275. Not cheap, but not in the Hoffee/Calton range, either. Seems like a...
  25. In Search of a Case for a Kentucky KM-900

I recently picked up a Kentucky KM-900. However, the case that came with it is quite ill fitting, and doesn’t have an arched cover. Maybe it’s the original case? Are there any KM-900/950 owners out...
Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 4