Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Thread: R L Givens

by lloving
    Replies
    Views

Re: R L Givens

I also know this is an old thread but I thought it would be of interest to know where this R. L. Givens A6 is now. It is in my possession here in Virginia. Just acquired from Greg Boyd in Missoula.
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: alternative to Amazing Slow-Downer?

Anytune -Pro works well for me.
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Yet Another Tone-Gard Post

So??? All beauty is in the eye of the beholder. i like how my mandolin sounds with the Tone_Gard installed better than I do without. Placebo effect, possibly. If so, guilty as charged. If nothing...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Clip-on mic setup, anyone?

I used to use the DPA setup but couldn't keep from bumping it with my right hand. So I went with this from Naiant.com

5. Thread: digital mixers

by lloving
    Replies
    Views

Re: digital mixers

One note to add to this. On the Ui12/16 you are not actually dependent on WiFi only. You can use a laptop and connect to the Ethernet port. I have done that and its solid as a rock.
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: ToneGard....I just want to say

Comes under the category of "stuff happens".
  7. Replies
    Views

ToneGard....I just want to say

I've been playing my Weber for several years with a Tone Gard installed. It is always on my mandolin, in the case , out of the case, always. However, I did loan the Tone Gard to to a acquaintance at...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: )McClung arm rest - really disappointed

IMHO all accessories that attach to the rim of an instrument using the method that the McClung arm rest uses has the potential of leaving a mark. Ie: carpenter jacks, arm rests, etc. Most, if not...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Digital Live Mixers

I am purposely reviving an old thread to post an interesting observation on the much discussed SoundCraft Ui series of digital mixers. I have been using the Ui12 for 6 months or so with only limited...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Digital Live Mixers

I bought a couple of sets of colored XLR mic cables. Keep the same color scheme from one gig to the next. Everybody knows their cable colors and what port they use on the mixer. Makes hookup a team...
  11. Thread: Classifieds

by lloving
    Replies
    Views

Re: Classifieds

I know there are many stories to be told relating to buying and selling over the internet but, I have to say, after doing both on Mandolin Cafe Classifieds I have never had a bad experience. Recently...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Am I crazy? I don't understand what's going on.

I have a Weber Yellowstone I bought new a few years ago. I'v played that mandolin daily since then but always wanted a two point oval hole. Why??? i don't know, i guess I liked the look, saw a real...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Electronic Tuners and Accuracy

I have just begun using the TC on my guitar. I agree with Almeriastrings appraisal of the TC. I only wish they had provided better documentation. They may as time goes on since this is a relatively...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Oh when will the dents/dings end?

Which pair of jeans do you like better, your new ones or the old pair that's broken in and fits you like a glove.
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Ideas on accompanying jazz ballads?

Would some of Don Sterinberg's material help. He has some great ideas on alternate voicings. Google up Don Sterinberg Jazz Appetizers.
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Should I get V-picks?

Ok, I have several V's. When newish :) they are good, not great but a really good pick. I use the StoryTeller and like it until it starts to "zing" off the A and E strings. The "zing" is the prompt...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Bose L1 Compact + Extra Mixer

My 5 piece band is currently using the L1 Compact with the Soundcraft EFX8 with good success. We are running 4 instruments and 4 mics through the XLR inputs on the EFX8 then out to the L1 XLR input....
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Weber Big Horn and the James Tail Piece

Did it make a difference in the sound?
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Weber Aspen Tailpiece problem

Upon further investigation of my Bighorn, prompted by this thread BTW I found that the "back"screw indeed pulled causing a break in the finish and the lifting of the tail piece as in the original...
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Weber Aspen Tailpiece problem

I have the exact same issues on my Bighorn. My concern is that it definitely changes the break angle of the strings at the bridge. I may send it back to Weber for "recertification" and repair.
  21. Re: Saga Superior Deluxe Mandolin Case Model CS-1520

FWIW - Cotton duck covers are not water repellant, if that is a concern.
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Musician's Friend, the Joke.

Has anyone ever heard the term "choking on a gnat"? Just say'n
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: string change neck support

I use the exact item I think. I've had it for years. Made of soft leather and filled with sand or shot. Works like a charm.

LL
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Learning what key the song is in..?

I've been playing by ear for ever 50+ years. I have learned over all these years to "catch" the key pretty quickly in a jam environment. That said I could not have explained how it was done. This is...
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: The Concord adjustable case

I had one for while. I does accommodate a lot of extra stuff. Can't say that I would trust the instrumentation included. One observation... I found the canvas cover tends to absorb not repel moisture...
Page 1 of 2 1 2