Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Where do you purchase?

I somewhat disagree. If you actually use some of the other services that the Prime fee gets you, it can be a great deal. Just using Prime video ($8.99 a month stand-alone) and Prime music (not to...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin Upgrade Advice

Jumping in to say I'm another fan of the Eastman 515. The build, quality, sound and play-ability is excellent for a $1000 instrument. Then again, it's what I own and I'm a bit biased. :grin: In my...
  3. Thread: Coffee

by Kris N
    Replies
    Views

Re: Coffee

Love it, Mike! I also subscribed, and have watched several other videos. Looking forward to diving in more!
  4. Thread: I'll fly away

by Kris N
    Replies
    Views

Re: I'll fly away

Love it! Thanks for sharing, Bill!
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Shopgoodwill.com can be a honey hole

I've been watching Goodwill for a while. What stops me from bidding is the shipping cost (most of the time). By the time I get a Rogue for $20, sometimes shipping is $30. I can go to Guitar Center...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: If I Could Only Listen To One Player To Listen To.

I'd have to wholeheartedly agree, Troy! Dawg embodies so many different styles of music and playing, that really he covers just about it all for me.
  7. Re: Info on Musician's Gear Hardshell A-Style Mandolin Case?

I had this case for my Kentucky before I upgraded to an Eastman 515. It held up well and kept closed through several trips. It was a good size for a foot stand while sitting and didn't buckle under...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: App for virtual band practice?

You might try Google Hangouts. It's free! It bounces back and forth between whoever is talking at the time, but gives you the ability to video chat with up to 10 people. Skype also works, but...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Travel and Calluses

Thanks to everyone for their thoughts, ideas, and tricks! I've got plenty to try out now. :grin:
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Where to stay in Nashville

You might check out airbnb.com for some accommodation options. I know hotels can be pricey in town, so that might save you a bit of cash. I got a full house, full kitchen, with rooms for 4 people...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Harmonica Help,.. sorry, NMC

When I started to learn the harmonica last year, I went through a bunch of different websites before settling on one. Each has something to offer.

I ended up working through most of the YouTube...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: This is incredible...

+1 to multidon and Willie Poole. Not my cup of tea on a mandolin, but fine for others. I think this style of playing would have sounded better on a guitar.