Castle Tunebook

1. Tosh Marshall
    Tosh Marshall
    I'm sorry I haven't contributed in a long time but I thought people may like this. I have compiled a tunebook based solely on Castles. It was a bit of a theme time that got out of control but I became obsessed by it !!! I am sure there are quite a few I haven't got but it's quite substantial. I have tabbed them all out. Some are great, some are hard and some are pretty weird !!!! But there is something for everyone. It was just an obsession that got out of hand, but I hope you like it and hopefully the link works ..... https://www.dropbox.com/s/udicq79qnm...Cover.pdf?dl=0

All the best
    Tosh
  2. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    What a great resource, Tosh. Thanks for making it available. Great variety and, as you say, something for everyone!
    Good to see you posting here again - it's been a long time.
  3. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Hey, well done Tosh, great that you’ve put the references for each tune too.
    Do you have any favorites? Any foot tappers in there?
  4. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Wow! What a great labor, Tosh. Thanks!
    And aren’t we all obsessed of something - in one or another way?!
  5. Alcluith
    Alcluith
    Tosh, what a great resource to share with everyone, I am sure there are a good few that will be added to players sets and a few gems still to be found.

Alcluith
  6. Bren
    Bren
    Good work Tosh.

I wasted a good hour or so just picking castles near here - Dunottar, Kildrummy etc
  7. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    You are right, Bren. I have been doing the same with castles of Agyll. We are so lucky to live in parts of Scotland which are so rich in old castles.
  8. Tosh Marshall
    Tosh Marshall
    Glad you guys found it useful, I had them all in an abc file which I transferred to tab as I knew upgrading to mac Catalina would lose my Easy ABC player !!!! I wish there was an abc that works with the new mac OS !!!! John, I will try and do more, crushed my finger in the back of a riser recliner chair at work earlier this year...I don't recommend it ! All healed up now thankfully. Simon DS - Any castle tune I can play !!!! There are some tunes I am aware of I haven't got but I don't have the books:
    Shanbally Castle - Gordon Highlanders Vol. 1 + 2
    Craigston Castle - Gordon Highlanders Vol. 1
    Colchester Castle - Gordon Highlanders Vol. 2
    Coolhurst Castle - RS MacDonald
    Birse Castle - Scots Guards Vol 3
    Captain Gary Spence’s Farewell To Edinburgh Castle - Scots Guards Vol 3

The Gordon Highlanders Vol. 2 is impossible to find but the others are available..........
    All the best
    Tosh
  9. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    Good to see you back, Tosh, and with such a wonderful gift to us. I hope you're doing well