Two years later, & I'm Bragging on my nephew, Lawson Craddock

1. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    No mandolin content! Those who have been members for a while, may remember me bragging on my nephew, Lawson Craddock, racing in the 2016 Tour de France.

He made it to race again this year, and after a serious crash the first day, half way through the day's race, he is making the headlines daily!

Read the story here! It's a great in-depth article on what's been going on so far!

I'm so proud of his, his grit, his determination, and his giving spirit. Before the race even started, he was involved in a fund raiser for Houston's Youth Bicycling, by auctioning off some special shoes he's wearing in the race.

Then, after he was hurt, he did finish the first stage, and vowed to donate $100 for every stage he finished to the repair of the Alkek Velodrome in Houston that had been damaged by Hurricane Harvey last year. He put out a challenge, then started a Go Fund Me to raise funds. His initial goal was $2,000, but he's had to up it several times a day since he started the fund! As I'm writing this, so far, close to $50,000 has been donated in just three days!

Here's a link to the Go Fund Me page!