A Sunny Day

1. Hendrik Luurtsema
    Hendrik Luurtsema
    The latest tune I wrote is called "A Sunny Day". My tune "A Rainy Day" was chosen for week#492 which resulted in heavy rain an strong winds for those 2 weeks in the Netherlands, so "A Sunny Day" might be a better title. I'm practising a bit clawhammer banjo so a banjo is a part of the recording. My excuse for that!

https://luurtieful.blogspot.com/2019...-may-2018.html

The Soundcloud link works too... https://soundcloud.com/luurtieful/a-sunny-day
  2. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    I guess DARPA and other organisations have contacted you already on your weather manipulation powers, apparently the best weapon since Slim Whitman killing the Martians
    It became very hot and sunny here today (not too far from you), so it seems to be consistently working - you're an X-Man (not the one with the fingernails, though that could help with the clawhammer banjo...)
  3. Hendrik Luurtsema
    Hendrik Luurtsema
    It's a very hot day here too Bertram, I think my next tune must be called "tolerable weather" or something. And thanks for the tip about getting good fingernails, I might try some bitter tasting nail polish too achieve that
  4. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    A nice, sunny tune, Hendrik. Thanks for sharing it with us.
  5. bbcee
    bbcee
    Another really fine tune, Hendrik!
  6. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    I love your music writing style Hendrik. This one certainly complements The Rainy Day. As for fingernails, my teacher's music partner (one of them, who will be nameless) uses fake glue-on fingernails done by a manicurist - years ago he sliced his finger wide open in the nail once and has gone to fake nails ever since. They are very strong and I'm not sure what the material is that they are made from.
  7. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    I too have a musician pal here who for a time was going to a local manicurist to get acrylic nails on his picking hand, and she shaped them to his specification. I think the secret was to remove them regularly so that the nail was not permanently damaged; gave us a lot of fun anyway asking him about what colour he was going to have them painted each time he went. We thought a good sunburst might do thhe job!