Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Breedlove Crossover Mandolins are beginning to ship to dealers

Blog Entries

Default Re: Breedlove Crossover Mandolins are beginning to ship to dealer

Given that they give a setup in Oregon before releasing them, I would think this might be a mandolin that does very well with the giant online vendors who will finally be able to ship a budget mandolin without needing to open the case.

For the Musician Friend and Amazon world, their lack of setup would not matter and one of these ordered anywhere could be assumed to play nice. I'm not sure one would get the same result buying the lowest price eBay/Amazon new Loar or Kentucky of the same price range.
    Collings MT2
    Breedlove OF
    Ellie eMando
    Schmergl Devastator

I think you're right about the big box stores and Amazon as outlets for this crossover. It's definitely not a blue grass instrument, and I don't think the BG'ers will be attracted to it. I failed to mention that it does have a wide nut, radiused board and cast tail piece. These are all pluses, but I'm not sure that these features would win me over.

So after hearing the soundbite at TMS of the BL, the headstock on my Eastman is safe. Sounds pretty good but not better than my 315 IMO. I know it would be different in person but considering I payed the same for my Eastie new, better sound, looks, and a strap hanger to boot, not even close for me IMHO keeping all that in mind.

Its great to have another quality offering to choose from for those on a limited budget though. I'm still skeptical however about how its going to fare against a KM505 or a MD305, for example, in that same price bracket.

Hi There,

This mandolin has me intrigued..........

The wider nut / radius neck very much appeal to me

I am not a blue grass player so the oval hole would be my choice probably

A question though.

Could the small Fishman acoustic pickup fit the oval hole ?

If so this could be another plus for my needs

Any help always great

Thanks,

Gary