Thread: Schatten carpenter Jack with Fishman M-100

Default Schatten carpenter Jack with Fishman M-100

Hi all,

Just a quick question. I own the Fishman M-100 mandolin pickup and really like it for louder situations. However, I absolutely hate how the jack is attached to the end pin/strap jack. It comes off quite a lot while playing and it's just not very effective. I am thinking of disconnecting the wire from the jack supplied and wiring it to a carpenter jack. I just can't seem to find any online dealers in Canada to get just the carpenter jack. Schatten has a carpenter jack that looks a little different than the Fishman but it's easily available for me. Just wondering if this jack would be fine with the M-100?

Default Re: Schatten carpenter Jack with Fishman M-100

Yep should be fine, just stay away from paying more for the SJA+ as the volume knob will not work with your passive pickup.

Look for a seller on ebay going by the name Blue Star Music, they have a range of these available including the Schatten.
    The others being sold look like they share factory origin, labelled as LR Baggs, Fishman, Barcus Berry etc, all around $50.

As long as you have barrels long enough to do viola/mandolin and ability to solder the connection (tip=+ve) then you should be fine.
    Hereby & forthwith, any instrument with an odd number of strings shall be considered broken. With regard to mix levels, usually the best approach is treating the mandolin the same as a cowbell.