Thread: Mono case VS Reunion Blues Continental

Default Mono case VS Reunion Blues Continental

G'day folks,

I really love my Mono case for my semi-hollow guitar and was hoping that Mono did a mandolin case (unfortunately not).

Just wondering whether anyone out there might have a Mono case AND a Reunion Blues Continental case and might be willing to share some comparisons between the two brands?

I'm mainly looking to answer the question:
    "Is the RB Continental as good a case (mainly in terms of padding and protection) as a Mono case"?

Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Mono case VS Reunion Blues Continental

The RB is more rigid. offers more protection. the Mono is more functional. I have asked Mono to make a mandolin case. They have made a prototype violin case for Andrew Bird (if my memory serves me correctly). I think it's going to have to make more business sense, meaning $$, to them to put it into production. I was hoping their tenor uke case would fit an A, like the RB does, but it does not. ;-(
    "your posts ... very VERY opinionated ...basing your opinion/recommendations ... pot calling ...kettle... black...sarcasm...comment ...unwarranted...unnecessary...."

Wow - more rigid and more protection! That must be some serious padding - my guitar feels safe as houses in my mono.

May I please ask why you believe the Mono is more functional? Mainly due to the pockets etc (which are great).

Shame about the tenor uke case - I was thinking about heading down to my local music shop and trying the exact same thing. I might do anyway just in case I get lucky and it fits.

Thanks for your reply, Mandobar - I might consider buying an RB.

actually the Mono is more user friendly as the RB is stiff. I use the backpack strap on the Mono guitar bags, the ones on the RB guitar bags make it feel a bit awkward. Although I carry my A style mandolas in the RB mandolin bag and use the back straps.

Overall the padding is stiffer on the RB's. They will stand up by themselves (empty) against the wall. The Mono's fold over.
    "your posts ... very VERY opinionated ...basing your opinion/recommendations ... pot calling ...kettle... black...sarcasm...comment ...unwarranted...unnecessary...."

RB used to be in SF, Employed one of my friend's, .. now they went, as usual, offshore..

never heard of mono other than as a prefix meaning one..
    writing about music
    is like dancing,
    about architecture

Check out this Access One bag:

http://elderly.com/accessories/items/AMHT33.htm