Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Mandolin Set-up E-Book by Rob Meldrum

Default Re: Mandolin Set-up E-Book by Rob Meldrum

Hello Rob,

Thanks for sending me your e-book on Mandolin Setup, and while your book is about the American style of mandolin with an adjustable bridge, nevertheless I am hopeful that the underlying principles in your text will assist me with the setting up of the bowlback mandolin which I have just made.
    Regards,
    Henry

Thanks so much Rob!

Cal

Another grateful recipient of Rob's Mandolin set up e-book. I am continuing to get a lot of valuable information and techniques to use on my mandolins.
    Thanks, Rob
    2014 Weber F Style Yellowstone HT
    2014 Weber "Special Edition"
    2012 The Loar LM 500 VS

Thanks Rob, received my copy earlier this week. A great and useful resource.

Another satisfied customer here. Thank you, Rob...

Quote Originally Posted by Pittsburgh Bill View Post
    Great tool to have. Free to Mandolin Cafe Members. While I'm a relative newbie, this e-book is very informative and would serve well all but the most experienced in getting the best out of your mandolin.
    Rob,

May thanks for sending this over, I'm confident that this will help me get the best out of my modest instrument. I'm especially interested by the nut set up section, which I'll be using to adjust my acoustic guitars too!

Matt (London, UK)

Thanks Rob, I appreciate you sending me your E-book. Sure to come in handy when I finish my kit, as well as my other instruments.

~Cody

Registered User Steve VandeWater's Avatar

I just received and read Mr. Meldrum's e-book on mandolin setup. Wow, what a wealth of great information! I checked a couple of my mandos that were supposedly professionally set-up and they don't even come close to the specs in his book. The action is far too high, the nuts are not properly filed and slotted, etc. I can't wait to set them up according to his specs and see how much difference there is.
    A big thanks to Rob for providing this great info for FREE!
    It ain't gotta be perfect, as long as it's perfect enough!

I just received my second copy of Rob's ebook. After receiving the first copy I gathered and made the necessary tools per his instructions. From the looks of my mandolin tool box I seem to have developed Tool Acquisition Syndrome for my box overfloweth with neat little gadgets of questionable utility. Because I had unintentionally deleted his book I sent him a note and requested another copy. It now resides on every device that I own so that it doesn't disappear again. Rob's a great guy to offer the fruits of his labor to the mandolin community. Thanks, Rob, for a job well done.
    ~Greg
    "I yam what I yam"

Thank you Rob, I just read the ebook copy you sent me and am impressed with the thoroughness and approachability of it. Cheers!

Thanks for the kudos and the thread bumps! I'm still getting about three requests a day for the ebook, and I've managed to keep the cost down - it's still free. So if anyone else has read this far, feel free to email me at rob.meldrum@gmail.com for your free copy. Please put "Mandolin Set Up" in the subject line.

I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving and a wonderful holiday season. Go Seahwaks!

12. The following members say thank you to Rob Meldrum for this post:

Received my copy of your E-book. I would like to thank you for your effort and generosity in developing and sharing this book. It is truly a great tool. Thank you again.

Agree with all that's been said - thanks for the great and useful book, Rob!

-Andrew

Blog Entries

Thanks, Rob! The e-book is awesome and will come in very handy!
    =============================
    Apollonio Acousto-electric bouzouki (in shop)
    Mixter 10 string mandola (still waiting 2+ yrs)
    Unknown brand Mandocaster (on the way!)
    =============================
    "Doubt begins only at the last frontiers of what is possible." -- Ambrose Bierce

Rob,
    Thank you for the ebook. It is exactly what I was looking for and why I joined this forum. A through guide for someone like me that is brand new to mandolins. Your work and generosity are greatly appreciated.

Rob: Thanks for the EBook, very useful and informative.

I want to express my thanks to RM for writing the "Mandolin Set-up" e-book and sharing his knowledge. After reading through the entire e-book I learned so much about correctly setting up my mandolin. To my surprise I had initially set-up my mandolin *almost* (75%) perfectly with the exception of string height about the fretboard before receiving "Mandolin Set-up." There is so much conflicting information on the World Wide Web it was nice to read brief comparisons and his experiences which helped zero-in on the "truth." Thank you Rob.

Great job Rob, Just in time to help with my first bridge replacement. Thank you!

I received mine yesterday. Gave it a quick read, and wow - this is stuff I really need to know. Thanks very much Rob for sharing your expertise!

Many thanks, in advance.

I emailed Rob, and he quickly replied with a copy of his e-book. Also asked him for PayPal info so I could donate. Such a nice guy he was interested in the money! Ask me just to post on here instead. Great guy, thanx.

Thanks so much for the e-book and links Rob! I've only had time to scratch the surface so far but I'm looking forward to delving into it.

I just received my book from Rob. Came with some cool videos as well. Rob, you are a class act . Thank you again for being the man you are.
    Graham

Just got the ebook, can't wait to dive in! Very generous of him to offer the book to cafe members! Thanks Robert!

Awesome book and videos. Thank you, Rob!