Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Mandolin Set-up E-Book by Rob Meldrum

Default Re: Mandolin Set-up E-Book by Rob Meldrum

For a new mandolin player the eBook is gold! Thanks a lot Robert

I emailed Mr. Meldrum and just a few hours later I got an email with this amazing ebook. Everything you must know about your instrument is perfectly explained in detail.

Thanks a million!

I got a copy of Rob's set-up file today. It is very nicely organized and shows a lot of thought went into its composition.

It is great to find there are people like Rob who are so willing to share his information with no expectations for compensation other than some props from his recipients on the Cafe.

Thanks Rob, you have compiled a very useful mandolin maintenance compendium to which I will frequently refer.
    JW

Blog Entries

I got my copy from Rob this morning. Have read a section or two and am very impressed. I look forward to applying some of his tips. Thank you very much, Rob.

Thank you, Rob!

I received the book a month ago, and finished setting up my "campfire mandolin" a few days ago. The instructions are clear and the low-cost approach to tools very appreciated! I've had the mandolin for years (same as the low-end Rogue featured in the book but a different headstock) and I enjoy having an instrument for travel when playing isn't the focus. But getting out of the closet for a trip in May convinced me it needed help!

Thanks to Rob's book it is much more fun to play--and sounds better to boot. It is also enjoyable to understand setup and your instrument through a DYI project, and an inexpensive instrument is great for such experiments.

I received the book recently; just have to ask and you shall receive. An excellent reference guide to own. Thanks Rob.
    Thanks for your support?

The EBook is terrific. You should charge for it. I followed it using the forty dollar Rogue, and man, it totally got me hooked. THank you very much Mr. Meldrum.
    No Pressure, No Diamond

I like to thank Rob Meldrum for emailing me a copy of his ebook. I had a chance to browse it (just got it) and it is informative and well organized. Looking forward to reading it. Thanks again.
    If it can't be bought it can be built

Just dropped Rob and email about the setup book. Sure hope I'm not to late to get in on the fun. Thanks tons in advance if it is still available.

RAGZDADDY
    Basic "BACK PORCH" picker. ( They don't allow me on the front porch).

Rob sent me his book a month or so back, right before I lost my 'net connection, so I've only now been able to DL and read it. Thanks a lot, Rob! It looks very useful.

Emailed Rob yesterday. I'm looking forward to receiving the book and I think it's fantastic that he is still sending it out after all this time. I was very excited to see people post about having recently received it!

Rob very kindly sent me a copy of his book. It's very well written and I found it very useful. Thanks again Rob and recommended to anyone who wants to improve their instrument's set up or just better understand what contributes to tone and playabilty.

Thanks again Rob. Is a 0.015" nut file too wide for E string slots? I borrowed set of 3 double sided files and that is the thinnest. E strings are 0.011"

I have been quite shamefully slow to show my appreciation to Rob for the e-book. Got it a week or two ago and am quite gracious and humbled by his generosity and apologize profusely for not speaking up on behalf of his kindness and efforts sooner. I've been very busy with a new job and a new home. Though knowing that I've been very busy, that's not excuse for not saying thanks much sooner.

THANKS ROB ! ! ! !
    Basic "BACK PORCH" picker. ( They don't allow me on the front porch).

Hey, Fergus! I like to cut the nut slots for the exact size of the string. Using the feeler gauges makes it easy. Most of us settle on certain strings and stay with them.

I requested Rob's ebook last night and received it this morning, WOW! A lot of great information and detail's where needed. I'm looking forward to using it to dial in The Loar.

Thanks, Rob

Re great PDFs simple and precise. Learn how to set up your mandolin properly and keep it set up.

Thanks!

Thanks for the e-book Rob, can't wait to apply this to my Rogue...

Michael

Rob just sent me his ebook this morning. From the couple minutes I spent browsing it, things look very easy to understand. I hope to get my KM-150 on the bench tomorrow, and put the book to good use.

Just got the ebook from Rob. Great detailed info. This is just what I needed. Many thanks to Rob for a job well done.

Rob,
    Thanks for the copy of the ebook. I just browsed through it and it is very well done. I already picked up some tip on setting the mandolin up. It is great you are willing to share such a complete study on the subject.

Thanks again,
    Bob Schmidt

I'll join the club of folks that have been shamefully slow to reply and attest to how great of a resource Rob's book is!

I'm planning an after work trip to Harbor Freight(tm) soon to pick up some tools and spend this weekend doing a nice setup of my mandolin.

Very swift response from Rob & it's a quality product, what more can you ask for?

[QUOTE=robster;1196418]Just send an email to rob.meldrum@gmail.com with "mandolin setup" in the subject line and I will email you a copy for free (free to all mandolincafe members).

Hi, Rob, New to the forum here, and a new mandolin owner, a Kentucky km140. I have a long-time mandolin player friend who will set up the instrument for me, but I have done many guitar set-ups over the years and would love a copy of your e-book as part of learning more about this new venture. I tried emailing you, but didn't get a response so I figured my email didn't go through for some reason. Thanks! Pete

Thanks a lot Rob, your book is great for a newbie like me !
    Patrick