Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Mandolin Set-up E-Book by Rob Meldrum

Default Re: Mandolin Set-up E-Book by Rob Meldrum

Great work Rob. Lots of useful information. I especially like how you make gauged nut saws out of feeler gauges. It's almost impossible to find the exact size nut file for all the different string gauges.

Thanks for putting this together and offering it to the Forum members.

Scott

Was sent this guide last week just in time as I was restringing my mandolin for the first time (I'm a mando newbie coming from guitar) and wanted to sort some basic issues like intonation and a poorly fitting tailpiece while I was at it. Rob's guide was an excellent help with clear instructions and my cheap Ozark is playing much better now

Thanks to those posters here for recommending it and for Rob for providing it free of charge!

Just got the eBook and I love it, a great resource.

Great work Rob and thanks for making it available!

Just wanted to add my thanks to Rob for putting together this book and generously offering it free of charge. As everyone has previously mentioned it is full of valuable info, especially for newbies who otherwise might struggle needlessly with a poorly set-up instrument. Many thanks, Rob!

Thank you Rob for so graciously allowing the set up guide to be given out to us here at the Mandolin forum. I am a newbie to mandolin coming from guitar and want to learn all I can about it. This is a wonderful learning tool for me to really get familiar with my new instrument, Thanks again!!
    Tammy

Thank you Rob. What a fantastic resource.

rob deserves the highest praise. got his book roughly a week ago. helpes me very much already and I'm not even halfway through. keep up the great work.

cheers

Thanks for the help! Love the ebook.

Newbie Seeking Clues tangleweeds's Avatar

Yes, thank you so much for making this information freely available via the forum. I'm just a newbie, but I love knowing how my favorite toys work and how they're put together. You have demystifed much for me.

In fact, so much that now I'm tempted to buy a cheap mandolin to experiment around with...

Thanks for the e-book Rob. Just what I needed after receiving a totally un-setup instrument. You are a friend of all mandolin players

another grateful mandolin newbie here... Your e-book is inspiring, I had a good time setting up my mandolin

Great pamphlet. Lots of detail.

As a newbie with my first mandolin on the way for my hands all i can say is thank you in advance for your book

Thanks for the Ebook. Great resource for the new mandolin player. Thanks to Mandolin Cafe for sponsoring.

Sorry to take so long to get back but got the book and it looks great! Perfect for setting up the Kalamazoo KM 12 I just finished repairing!

can I also add my thanks to Rob Meldrum for this easy to follow and fantastic resource. Mando sounding better than ever. I was interested Rob's point about a flat neck as I was under the impression a certain amount of neck relief was desirable. I have a small amount of relief but the mando plays so well now I'm not going anywhere near the truss rod.

Thanks again Rob! Fantastic book. Had numerous issues that thanks to you and your e book, are now solved. And its fixed with the minimum amount of cost. A great easy to understand book.

I would also like to express my gratitude for Mr Meldrums fantastic book. This is also a very late public 'thank you' but well deserved!
    It has been of great help for me, especially considering that there ain't that many mandolin techs around these parts of the world.

Cheers,

Robert Hedelin

Another satisfied customer here. Thanks loads Mr Meldrum!

Dave

F-style Apostate

Another thanks to Rob for sending me a copy of his fine setup guide!

Thanks Rob! This is very helpful.

Is this fine and generous offer still available? I ask as I used the email address from earlier in the thread to request a copy and have not had a reply - emailed about a week ago.

For future requesters, please note that sometimes I am out of town for a few days without access to Internet services on my laptop. It might take me a few days to respond to your request!

Mandoukelady emailed me her request April 2 and I replied with the ebook on April 4. Not as fast as my usual response but hey, not a week either!

Please remember to put Mandolin Setup in the subject line (it makes it easier for me to search and reply quickly) and email your request to rob.meldrum@gmail.com.

Hello Rob,
    Let me join the line and thank you sooo much for generously sharing the work and time you've put into your book!
    Being a newbie to the mando universe, it has helped me already to turn my (not-so-expensive-and-out-of-whack) second hand KM 150 into a playable first instrument.
    Your tips about action adjustments were very informative and helpful.

Thanks again and greetings from across the big pond!

Just adding my thanks, Rob. I've been reading and gathering tools all week waiting for the weekend and time to put into my mandolin. I hadn't really thought it was that bad, I'm pretty sure when I bought it there was something about "factory setup" but I guess that means no setup as the action was way too high at bridge and nut. Still a little high and I might be sanding the bridge to fit better but I'm already 6% better just not having to pause every time I hear a half fretted note. Thanks again