Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mandolin Set-up E-Book by Rob Meldrum

Default Re: Mandolin Set-up E-Book by Rob Meldrum

Just got my copy from Rob and read through it. Excellent!
    Very much appreciate your work Rob.

Thanks again,
    Ben

The Loar-axe

Another grateful recipient here! I didn't know whether to start a whole new 'Thanks Rob' thread or add to this one. I guess my comments and well wishes to him belong here.

His guide is detailed, comprehensive and chock full of practical tips all around improving the mandolin's playability and tone. He sent it straight away and had some personal comments and advice to me with my setup problems w/ my first $100 mando.

Great guy. Knowledgeable, generous and cares a lot about helping out others who want to learn how to get the most out of their mando.

Thanks Rob!
    Tim
    Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. - Winston Churchill

Thanks for the publication, a lot of time and research has been put into this book!

Devotee of the Mando-Muse

I've gotten a copy from Rob as well. His effort and commitment astound me and I want to say thank you to Rob, as well!

Things like this are the reason this is the only internet forum that I bother to participate in. Such a good and supportive community!

Thanks, Rob!
    Willy

Phoenix Custom Bluegrass '13
    Rigel A+ Deluxe '05

I also requested Rob Meldrum's eBook and just got his email today. The book is a treasure trove of information. The incredibly detailed guide walks the reader through the setup process in a way that is easy to follow even for beginners. It's an invaluable resource. Thanks so much for your generosity and hard work on this amazing guide, Rob!

Thanks, Rob, for making this book and the videos! Very, very helpful to better understand what exactly is meant by the term "setup."

I do have a couple of questions/suggestions: when I've read in other places about bridge adjustment, one common technique for judging and adjusting intonation is to compare the harmonics at the 12th fret to the actual fretted note. I noticed that you did not discuss this in your book--is there a reason you left it out?

My second suggestion is that you offer really great tips on DIY setup and how to do it without spending too much money. However, it might be nice to include a sentence or two in each section about how a luthier would do it and what sorts of tools a luthier uses. That way, the reader could understand better how your techniques achieve the same thing, but with much less cost and hassle.

Thanks again!

Thank you Rob for the E-BOOK this will be very helpful for me. Very well done and easy to understand.

Thanks Rob. This will come in very handy.

Rob, thanks for all the free information.

Thanks Rob....This information was most helpful and I am working my way through my Mandolins at this time.....I am getting better as I go and love being able to go through these steps systematically instead of shooting in the dark...Very nice of you to make this available to us for free...Merry Christmas..

I got the ebook and it is great.

Thanks

Just got your book, Rob. Holy smokes! This is going to move me ahead by leaps and bounds. Thank you so very much for doing so much to help us newbies.
    Uncle Levi

I already posted once but wanted to add a quick update now that I've started working through the book. My fingertips are SO much happier now that I've lowered the action a bit -- I only wish I stumbled on this community a year ago when I first started playing! My instrument (definitely a "starter") was a gift, purchased at a big chain store and the gifter (and myself) just had no idea that the instrument wouldn't be playable straight out of the box. I can't believe how long it took me to make a few adjustments and make it so much more enjoyable to play.

My dear brother made my feeler gauge nut saws with a dremel (and I then smoothed them slightly with diamond files) - worked fantastically.

Many many thanks to Rob! Emailed him earlier this evening and recieved his ebook in next to no time. So many handy tips,it will be of great help to me to tomorrow once I get home from town with my new feeler gages (not stinking dirty from my tool box!) and new strings. Much appreciated and thanks again Rob for your great book!

Rob just sent me his e-book minutes after I requested it. It looks great nd helpful for the newbie and the not-so-newbie. Thanks for providing his excellent free service to the Mando Cafe community, Rob!

Thanks for the e-book. Great information to have on hand.

Excellent book Rob, and looking forward to using it. Thank you for providing it to us.

Thanks Rob. Great info. Now to put it to use.

Thanks to Rob for the free ebook and video links. Nice job and very helpful!,

Just downloaded Rob's e-book, very concise and informative. Thanks for making this available to all of us here at the Cafe!
    Playing:

2013 Girouard A5 S/N 63
    2013 Weber Gallatin A

Thank you to Rob for the ebook! I look forward to looking through it more and putting the info to good use.

thanks for the e-book, Rob-- very well done!

Received my copy of Rob's e-book on Sunday, 1/5/14, less than 24 hrs after my request. I would like to thank Rob for making available this comprehensively detailed and useful mandolin set-up manual to Cafe members! From reading it, I can see there are things that I hadn't previously paid attention to in the past that I should check in the future!

Thanks again, Rob!

Bob

Default Mandolin Set-up E-Book by Rob Meldrum

Just got the ebook from Rob. Love it! Very informative. Just like him I also have been playing guitar for a long time and thought it should also try my hand with mandolin. Just to try I didn't want to pay a lot of money for something I wasn't sure I like it. So I paid money for something that was killing my fingers. So I decided to do the set up. I have worked on guitars all shape and sizes just not on mandolins. Also didn't have any specs. Rob helped me out there. Highly recommend the ebook to anybody. Even pros who might know everything, there is something you might've missed.

Thanks Rob!

Thanks Rob,
    I just received my Email. Can't wait to start pouring over it; my new mandolin should be here within the week. My last mandolin, a Rogue from Musician's friend, was lost when my band's mandolin player got a new girlfriend.... I haven't seen either of them in about 10 months... I miss the mandolin.

Thanks again,
    Aaron